Cleaning PCP air rifle

Dear All, 

I hope you can help. I'm relatively new to the world of airguns and went on my first hunting trip today. The weather wasn't the best as it turned out and the rifle, a BSA Scorpion SE with synthetic stock, got wet (but not soaked) as well as getting mud and dirt on the exterior. I don't believe anything went into the interior of the action or barrel. I have dried it and wiped it down with a towel, but wonder what else I can/need to do? 

I also have no oils or gun cleaning equipment, so I would like to know what I need to buy to clean it in the future? I have been looking at Napier Gun Oil, but don't know if this is suitable for air rifles or even what I want. What oils, cleaning substances and tools would you guys recommend both for the exterior and interior?

Many thanks from a newbie guys,

:bye:

• Like 2

Take the stock off, dry the action and inside of the stock with kitchen roll.

Make sure there's no dirt or grit on the surfaces, then wipe over with oil before putting the stock back on.

As Archie said, I like Ballistol but, something like 3-in-1 will work just as well - you're only after a light protective coating.

• Like 3

Same for me ,,ballistol

on all my rifles pcp and spring

soapy water on the synthetic stock but not the action

give the stock a good drying off then leave to dry more at room temperature

DO NOT PUT ANY OIL ON THE STOCK

This is all i did to my three t10 scorpions and ultra

Now if you had a wood stock rifle you can use the ballistol on the wood stocks

as well as the action.

All ways take the action out of the stock when you clean the rifle down or dry it

water gets every where even if you think it has not .

nothing worse than taking a stock off a few weeks later to find the rust under the action .

BEEN THERE DONE THAT LOL

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

I use the Napier VP90, spray it on every thing. Keep some VP90 patches in your cabinet or where ever you keep your rifle, keeps moisture out. I don't EVER clean the inside of the barrel, never have. The barrel shoots better with a build up of lead in it.

• Like 1