Smart meters

9 hours ago, Meece said:

Surely you are paying a lot more per unit by messing about with keys. 

My supplier gives a 2% discount to pay as you go customers, maybe it’s because there’s no paperwork involved sending bills out 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anything the govt or power companies want you to do has to be a bad idea! Where did I put that tinfoil ...

Don't get them there made in Russia and if the current situation gets worse it releases novichok into you're home.

I know quite a few lads who refuse to have them,they show their 12/12 and 18/6 usage 

On 31 March 2018 at 07:25, neil r said:

Can’t see the point in them , it’s not like your not going to watch tv or put the kettle on or sit in the dark just because you can see what’s being used and it’s not going to stop the people who leave all the lights on from doing it . The only benefit I can see is for the power companies themselves saving money by making meter readers redundant 

I was going to write exactly what you said but couldn't be bothered so thank you lol.they save you nothing.atb

The smart meter has cost energy company,s £14 billion to roll out, that's not for the benefit of customers but shareholders, it's designed so they can charge a higher rate at times of higher usage once they have all your usage data, you are not obliged to have one and if there,s one in your property you have the rights to have it unconnected so it runs as an ordinary meter, any company with shareholders is looking for higher profits each year regardless of the cost of the product they are selling its the nature of the beast, so that's a know for me as well 

• Like 1

I'e got one and I've found it to make a big difference to be honest.it definitely makes you more aware of what you're using. If it' normally in the green and you see it in yellow you might have left the light on on the stairs etc.and you set your monthly direct debit to what you use not estimated bills.