Smart meters

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anything the govt or power companies want you to do has to be a bad idea! Where did I put that tinfoil ...

Don't get them there made in Russia and if the current situation gets worse it releases novichok into you're home.

I know quite a few lads who refuse to have them,they show their 12/12 and 18/6 usage 

When I got an energy performance certificate done on the house the assessor said he wouldn't have a smart meter and told us not to get one unless it become compulsory..... Never got round to asking him why before he left

I have got one & i seem to be feeding it all the time ..mine tells me nothing other than how quick the balance is going down .. I was thinking the other day my council tax & gas/ electric is nearly as much as my mortgage was monthly .

maybe its just because i can see it in the house but when i had my old meters i didn't stick as much cash in them or didn't seem to :sad:

Like all companies Tv/ phone/electric or credit card they give you a good deal at the start then bump up the price when the contract expires. It's too much hassle to leave them then with new installations and they will make it as difficult as possible to make a clean break.

Can’t see the point in them , it’s not like your not going to watch tv or put the kettle on or sit in the dark just because you can see what’s being used and it’s not going to stop the people who leave all the lights on from doing it . The only benefit I can see is for the power companies themselves saving money by making meter readers redundant 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never opted for one, Pointless if you ask me. It doesn't make a damn difference to when I do or don't need to be using my gas and electric. The weather in the winter dictates how much I need to be using my heating.

Your all missing the point lads .Smart metres are nothing to do with us monitoring our usage but more to do with them not needing to check metres or come to the house for any reason .They also send them data on when usage is peeked  so they can tailor future packages in their favour. WE have one but it's unplugged and I take great delight telling the raghead it's not being back  plugged in neither, c**ts .

• Like 3