PAINTING FERRET HUTCH

Aye a good fence paint , it a lot safer now than the old creosote  , when i was building my hutch  i gave the sections a good few coats before assembling it  and i paint the fence shed , kennels and ferret hutch every year  it helps merge the hutch and kennels into the garden and makes it look bigger 

Any old fence paint or even the garden colours stuff you can pick up. 

I've done hutches and ferret boxes in the paint and my big hutch in fence paint and they've had no ill effects (to hutch, box or ferrets) - just make sure it's properly dry before you put them back in if you paint the insides. 

On 31/03/2018 at 18:27, Rabid said:

I fibreglassed mine a few years ago to sort it out, it's been pucker ever since and never needs anything more doing to it.

Next time I knock a hutch up I'm gonna fibreglass the inside. Screwfix do a fibreglass kit which does a m2 for about 8 quid.

1 hour ago, gnipper said:

Next time I knock a hutch up I'm gonna fibreglass the inside. Screwfix do a fibreglass kit which does a m2 for about 8 quid.

It's the best thing I ever done, soon as I got a spare minute I am making an all glass hutch for them