best lamps nowadays???

Deben are probs the most famous of maufacturers for lamps torchs etc, but theres also a lot cheaper lamps on the market that do a pretty good job, its class how light the batterys are nowa days, 20 year ago it was like carrying a car battery around with ya lol, what do you use think is the best lamp on the market today?????

5 minutes ago, Steveswans1987 said:

Deben are probs the most famous of maufacturers for lamps torchs etc, but theres also a lot cheaper lamps on the market that do a pretty good job, its class how light the batterys are nowa days, 20 year ago it was like carrying a car battery around with ya lol, what do you use think is the best lamp on the market today?????

30 years ago we used to carry a car battery in a haversack leaking acid around southwick quarry,penshaw,washington,lambtons,Debens were a godsend :laugh:

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Steveswans1987 said:

hahaha same lamp same batterys same locations lol unreal how easy the got it these days ha

Rabbits used to be educated to f**k around southwick and south hylton,every man and his dog used to be at them,flick of a beam and they were gone,nice place to have a daytime mouch though,my mate mailed me some pics a month or so back of a couple of roe deer in south hylton woods,always nice to see wildlife making a comeback.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, mackem said:

Rabbits used to be educated to f**k around southwick and south hylton,every man and his dog used to be at them,flick of a beam and they were gone,nice place to have a daytime mouch though,my mate mailed me some pics a month or so back of a couple of roe deer in south hylton woods,always nice to see wildlife making a comeback.

Aye the wildlife thriving now mate, the woods are bouncing couple of familys of roe along there spot them all the time when am walking the dog ? rabbits look like they making a good comeback aswell ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, twelsh said:

Lightforce blitz 240 n deben lithium battery all way for walking if driving lightforce striker best 

aye ya cant go wrong with Deben, but recently I was using  a gamekeeper bundle bought off ebay for £190, led lamp lithium battery and bag and strap and it is spot on dunno how long it will last like lol but its half the price of a Deben set up and an absolute bargain at that

• Like 2

Got a PLR500 as my first lamp. Worth every penny of the £45 I spent on it, caught a few with it but the beam colour to me is in the blue/daylight spectrum so I struggle with it. I use it nowadays as a training lamp playing fetch in the dark.

Treated myself to a Tracer 170 variable, 10ah lithium battery and a 100w Osram Xenophot bulb. Amazing setup. Tight spot, extremely bright turned up full but at 30%-50% the eyes shine lovely without spooking too much

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Steveswans1987 said:

1 of the 1st lamps i ever used was an old coleman nightsight, only 400,000 cp but decent enough for bunnies. I think there was the 800,000 cp available back then aswell. Anybody still have any of these????

nowadays i dont think you can beat the lightforce. The striker is my choice at the moment. 

• Like 1

Sad to say but i'm looking for a new Blitz, or similar, for my next lamp (this April birthday!). Thing is, round here i need such power now, never had before...

Just about everything here seems to now live on the edge of a Strikers capabilities.

I honestly think that lamps will constantly go up in power in years to come, as critters just get wiser to the beam...