Is Lamping Unsporting?

2 minutes ago, Lowther said:

Haha nothing worse then a yapper! Think I'm just second guessing myself to what I should and shouldn't be doing but I'll take in the advice and just let him be a pup while he's still little and enjoy him and then worry about the hunting and fitness when he comes of age 

That's the spirit brother 

• Like 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A monkey could sound clever on here ... even you have managed it once or twice ......

Anyone who's lamped a bit will know it's not, by any means  Cheers, D.

I'll go with that what's sport got a do with lamping ,it's about a bag full a boot full a freezer full what Eva ya fancy,sporting animals a sporting days his that shames has a sporting animal the diff

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Lowther said:

Haha nothing worse then a yapper! Think I'm just second guessing myself to what I should and shouldn't be doing but I'll take in the advice and just let him be a pup while he's still little and enjoy him and then worry about the hunting and fitness when he comes of age 

You can still train unknowingly to him make it fun a rolled up sock in the front room fun for him but he's starting the retrieving process little bits like that go a long way. And as for pissing in the kitchen mine still pisses everyday by the front door while I'm at work 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

You can still train unknowingly to him make it fun a rolled up sock in the front room fun for him but he's starting the retrieving process little bits like that go a long way. And as for pissing in the kitchen mine still pisses everyday by the front door while I'm at work 

Aye he retrieves socks and a friggen plush toy Christmas pudding he stole from my mother's dog and he brings back to hand already and doesn't seem to lose interest in it either, I think I'm gonna order a rabbit dummy next and get him used to the smell and his is always by the back door tbh so I suppose I should count myself lucky haha

1 minute ago, Lowther said:

Aye he retrieves socks and a friggen plush toy Christmas pudding he stole from my mother's dog and he brings back to hand already and doesn't seem to lose interest in it either, I think I'm gonna order a rabbit dummy next and get him used to the smell and his is always by the back door tbh so I suppose I should count myself lucky haha

The worse in the house I've had to deal with is when my sister came round with all her kids and they fed him all sorts with resulted in him shitting through the eye of a needle all up the wall and over the floor just as I was about to open the door for him to go out!!! That was some horrid stuff 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

The worse in the house I've had to deal with is when my sister came round with all her kids and they fed him all sorts with resulted in him shitting through the eye of a needle all up the wall and over the floor just as I was about to open the door for him to go out!!! That was some horrid stuff 

Nice!!! Haha that sounds like some right fun and games! You have to keep an eye out where the bairns are concerned like my niece feed my mother's dog half her packet of gingerbread men and poisoned the poor thing she shit EVERYWHERE!! 

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Lowther said:

Nice!!! Haha that sounds like some right fun and games! You have to keep an eye out where the bairns are concerned like my niece feed my mother's dog half her packet of gingerbread men and poisoned the poor thing she shit EVERYWHERE!! 

bloody hell  mate , get in a  kennel  bad enough outside , carnt keep a eye on kids  24/7,  plus dogs like there own space.:yes:  ive had dogs in the house years ago, but as soon as i had my son 31 years ago,  dogs went out side, and being honest it nice relaxing , no smells  etc , wouldn't go back now , but we all different  , i love me dogs but dont need them with  me   24/7 .

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Use to have a Irish Wolfhound and when that had the squirts one day in the house it was like :bad:,,,,,well it was as bad as you think it was  :laugh:..

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Lowther said:

Aye that's first on me list bill stop pissing in me kitchen haha, ive been training him all the basic stuff seems to pick it up quite fast, what time around would you reccomend to start him running behind my bike etc? 

Doy. Be worried with any type a fitness let him be what he his a youngster play full exercise around the lambs  around the rivers that's all hell need  bike work when we'll grown outrage real fitness two yrs old fa biking a good age ta start no undo worries about damaging bones ligaments tendons etc ,time will soon pass slowly slowly catch he monkey if all fails then it wu an be fa thy doing.i have no doubt he come ok they don't all have to be world beaters fact his most aren't if any ,just crack on sensibly ,it's east to have a very good prospect only to either give to much to soon and that also applies to rudimentary training rest periods are of equally importance.atb bill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, bird said:

bloody hell  mate , get in a  kennel  bad enough outside , carnt keep a eye on kids  24/7,  plus dogs like there own space.:yes:  ive had dogs in the house years ago, but as soon as i had my son 31 years ago,  dogs went out side, and being honest it nice relaxing , no smells  etc , wouldn't go back now , but we all different  , i love me dogs but dont need them with  me   24/7 .

I was gonna build a kennel but I'm moving soon as my lass is about to drop my first child so I'm waiting to  get in the new place before I build one for him so he's only gonna be in the hoose til we move! And aye can't have eyes in the back of the head but I'll always be abit more vigilant these days after the gingerbread episode haha

10 hours ago, Lowther said:

I was gonna build a kennel but I'm moving soon as my lass is about to drop my first child so I'm waiting to  get in the new place before I build one for him so he's only gonna be in the hoose til we move! And aye can't have eyes in the back of the head but I'll always be abit more vigilant these days after the gingerbread episode haha

Your missus won't have Bernie out in the cold?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Your missus won't have Bernie out in the cold?

Tell is about it I mentioned it before we got him and she was like noooo it last dangerous outside in the dark! You would think she was 5 year old ?

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Lowther said:

Tell is about it I mentioned it before we got him and she was like noooo it last dangerous outside in the dark! You would think she was 5 year old ?

I've got my spaniels outside in kennel and lurcher inside but may build a big double kennel when we move so if he's being a pain or shit high after a night on the lamp I have somewhere to stick him. She dosnt know that yet and I will soon it as I'm making a store next to the other kennel!!! 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/04/2018 at 21:53, Lowther said:

Went from lamping to cider haha so new question is lamping unsporting when pissed oot ya heed on cider? 

Or you could ask, is lamping unsporting with the dog pissed out of his head, very dangerous?