Will this ever be beat?

Thats what happens when they get a free pass to compete juiced up, she passed every test  :whistling: then again so did Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong . A bit about her failed test from the same time (1988) when she set world records in the 100m and 200m that still stand today 30 year later !!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2015/08/11/more-sports/conte-says-coverup-protected-big-stars-seoul-games/#.WrVf3SKnyEd

And more info

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1989/04/04/ashford-2-women-gold-medalists-used-steroids/d51f0eb5-b438-4a6f-bfaa-33c4a9849cc2/?utm_term=.1adda9ebaab3

Edited by MickC
  • Thanks 1
Just now, MickC said:

Thats what happens when they get a free pass to compete juiced up, she passed every test  :whistling: then again so did Marion Jones and Lance Armstrong . A bit about her failed test from the same time (1988) when she set world records in the 100m and 200m that still stand today 30 year later !!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2015/08/11/more-sports/conte-says-coverup-protected-big-stars-seoul-games/#.WrVf3SKnyEd

She's no exception, the one thing that was exceptional was her talent.

Ok mate :thumbs: did you read first link ? I agree she was a brilliant athlete but there is so much circumstantial evidence as well as her previous times before smashing the world records out of nowhere in the 1988 Seoul games and also alleged failed tests as well as retiring straight after the Olympics in 1988 were she broke the world records just as compulsory random drug testing was being introduced that leave doubt over her legacy . 

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, MickC said:

Ok mate :thumbs: did you read first link ? I agree she was a brilliant athlete but there is so much circumstantial evidence as well as her previous times before smashing the world records out of nowhere and also alleged failed tests that leave doubt over her legacy . 

You'd have to be really naive to ever think she was cheating and all the others were squeaky clean. She was head and shoulders above the rest.

Not all athletes are cheats but the finger will always point at an athlete that out of the blue smashed world records that still stand 30 years later despite her being nowhere near these times ever in her career and only ever being head and shoulders above her competition in 1 Games .

Edited by MickC
2 minutes ago, MickC said:

Not all athletes are cheats but the finger will always point at an athlete that out of the blue smashed world records that still stand 30 years later despite her being nowhere near these times ever in her career and only ever being head and shoulders above her competition in 1 Games .

Most athletes were "cheating" in that era including the darling of athletics Carl Lewis. She never failed a test and that's good enough for me because i know most if not all her competitors were doing exactly the same.

1 minute ago, delswal said:

Apparently she once said..........catch me and you can feck me, she's still a virgin :icon_redface:

I might have to dig out me bumpers from the cupboard , think they’re still got a bit of tread on ...:)

Not sure about flo jo ...but I can say that one of my all time heroes never will be . 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrissie_Wellington

theres something very british about Chrissie , as in enteribg the London marathon as a laugh and running 3 08, finishing third in a run , bike kayak event in the alps despite never having been in a kayak 

one of the uks most underrated athletes ever 

• Like 1