A few about last night

We went out to give the 223 an airing last night and there were a fair few foxes about. Must have seen at least a dozen, but as per usual they were either deep in the undergrowth or too near houses and roads. Getting a safe shot on one wasn't so easy, but we still managed 4 between us in 2 1/2 hours.

Me = 1 dog. Jack = 2 dogs and a barren vixen.

I can only assume this is either because I am a better lamp man than him so got him on more foxes than he did for me, OR once he has his mitts on the rifle, it's impossible to get it off him. :D  He's officially no longer a newbie to fox shooting. 5 foxes in the last 3 outings is pretty good going for anyone. Well done mate. :thumbs:

8 hours ago, walshie said:

We went out to give the 223 an airing last night and there were a fair few foxes about. Must have seen at least a dozen, but as per usual they were either deep in the undergrowth or too near houses and roads. Getting a safe shot on one wasn't so easy, but we still managed 4 between us in 2 1/2 hours.

I can only assume this is either because I am a better lamp man than him so got him on more foxes than he did for me, OR once he has his mitts on the rifle, it's impossible to get it off him. :D  He's officially no longer a newbie to fox shooting. 5 foxes in the last 3 outings is pretty good going for anyone. Well done mate. :thumbs:

Or maybe he is a better shot than you ? Maybe? Either way 4 foxes in 2 1/2 is not to shabby by anybodies standards :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, walshie said:

Cheers Dave , another enjoyable evening spent in good company. 

I've certainly got the bug for this now and looking forward to the next outing. 

Next goal 4 foxes ?

All the best mate and cheers again. 

• Like 1