Lure bash

8 minutes ago, mattyg said:

Anyone else going by to the midlands “lure bash” on Sunday near cov?

Riverpiker from YouTube has organised it and promises to be helpful to novices and experts alike!

What's involved ??? 

• Like 1

I was tempted but I just don’t fancy the long drive . I fished that stretch last year , we had plenty of perch , some zander and saw a few chub but interestingly none of us even had a follow off a pike . If you look on google maps at the post code and follow the coventry canal right , there’s an inflow on the opposite bank further up and nearly all the zander we had came from that swim . The perch came from all over the Oxford and coventry canals 

• Like 1

Thats the swim if you do have a go , you can’t miss it . I forgot to switch the camera on so it’s the only one we got on camera . The lure is a zman slim swim in pearl pattern with a 1/8th tt jig head on a 0.9-7 gram rod . The lad to my right is using the same end gear but a 3-12 gram rod and the lad on the left was using a 5-20 gram rod with the same lure . We are talking to a local on the vid who told us he’d only ever seen 1 zander caught on that stretch . We had 4 while we were talking to him . We met him again later on and gave him a few lures when he was looking at my lures and he opened up about what he does catch and where from where and it turns out that that swim is a known hotspot, there’s a boatyard further up that he said was a good spot aswell . I had a fair few hits off perch under the bridge at the meeting point aswell 

• Like 2