Mixy " Disgusts and infuriates me "

28 minutes ago, jiggy said:

What harm do Canada geese do compared to other geese? There isn't any geese near me so I wouldn't know much about them. 

Thousands here, eat all the grass on the crofts, summat in their droppings that effects sheep too, big cull here last few years of grey lags and Canadas. Never bothered me but we get free ammo on goose cull scheme. 

44 minutes ago, Gav said:

Thousands here, eat all the grass on the crofts, summat in their droppings that effects sheep too, big cull here last few years of grey lags and Canadas. Never bothered me but we get free ammo on goose cull scheme. 

Ok so it's not just canadas it's all geese. I wouldn't mind having that problem. Some sport to be had unless your a farmer. I live inland and would have to travel fifty to eighty miles or more to get near geese. Canadas are protected here  but we can shoot greylags but they are too low in numbers anyway to cause problems.  ?

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 17:37, jiggy said:

Ok so it's not just canadas it's all geese. I wouldn't mind having that problem. Some sport to be had unless your a farmer. I live inland and would have to travel fifty to eighty miles or more to get near geese. Canadas are protected here  but we can shoot greylags but they are too low in numbers anyway to cause problems.  ?

No, it isn't ALL geese!  In England the Canada Goose has virtually taken over many inland areas to the detriment and loss of many more local indigenous geese/ducks.    Farms, stables, Golf courses etc etc suffer damage/crop loss/and of course the health issues, I'm sure it can't be right but more seems to come out of the back end of a Canada than goes in the front end.

• Like 1

Agree with both posts but I can’t stand seeing these rabbits with mixey when I do I feel so sorry for them and just put them down I would rather be putting myself against healthy fit animals that are a lot harder to shoot not ones which just sit there waiting to die or getting picked of by crows or magpies.

• Like 1