14 hours ago, jimbo201289 said:

Anyone here in the south of wales with Russell’s? 

few and far between bud

there is one lad with em up the valleys 

but hes off his nut on spice last i heard chasing sheep around trefil 

• Haha 4

I don’t know where this misconception comes from that lads are only using black dogs. There’s plenty of white dogs about. Doesn’t have to necessarily be pure jack rusell just mostly russell blood. Iv got my own I’m just looking to get to know anyone who works them for future reference to carry on my lines as I only have 4 dogs in my pack, no bitch. Perhaps I’ll have a days sport for them also. If there not an arsehole. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, jimbo201289 said:

I think wales has a good number of working Russell’s. I’m in the south east myself. Which part are you from wales 1234? Message me 

they aren't about like other breeds of terriers are at the moment in Wales jimbo sad but its true 

people bred out them for the wrong reasons the peddlers fecked things up there are lads out there i know keeping them and working them for the right reasons and trying to breed a few but i dont know of anyone who has a yard full or  producing regular workers but with the right people keeping them and trying hard enough im sure it could change 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, socks said:

A good line of hard working russels in west wales ... Ammanford area ....

was with him Saturday socks does nothing with them any more tell a lie he went out once this season passed. 

Edited by Dabhand
49 minutes ago, Dabhand said:

they aren't about like other breeds of terriers are at the moment in Wales jimbo sad but its true 

people bred out them for the wrong reasons the peddlers fecked things up there are lads out there i know keeping them and working them for the right reasons and trying to breed a few but i dont know of anyone who has a yard full or  producing regular workers but with the right people keeping them and trying hard enough im sure it could change 

Just my opinion but I don’t think the peddlers and the bullshitters fecked anything up how could they, if the Russell’s were that good why are they not still in a lot of yards, there was as many people no sorry more people keeping them as pets 30 or 40 years ago than there is today and I can laugh when people say you could of lifted any Russell of the street and it would of worked that’s just a load of bolloxs  there was as much shite back then as there is today. The real reason there’s so little good Russell’s is because the black dogs came along and out grafted them plane and simple. For every 1 good digging Russell there’s probably 20 good black dogs. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Just my opinion but I don’t think the peddlers and the bullshitters fecked anything up how could they, if the Russell’s were that good why are they not still in a lot of yards, there was as many people no sorry more people keeping them as pets 30 or 40 years ago than there is today and I can laugh when people say you could of lifted any Russell of the street and it would of worked that’s just a load of bolloxs  there was as much shite back then as there is today. The real reason there’s so little good Russell’s is because the black dogs came along and out grafted them plane and simple. For every 1 good digging Russell there’s probably 20 good black dogs. 

go back 15  years ago the price on russels rocketed people that had them for work soon turned to the coin. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dabhand said:

go back 15  years ago the price on russels rocketed people that had them for work soon turned to the coin. 

But surely if they were that good they would still be in plenty of good lads yards but there not.