Big Brother Is Watching You

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no on Facebook it's a site for nosey b*****d's so kinda ironic them thereselfs are getting the tables turned on them lol

Another one not on Facebook , can’t understand this fixation for telling every one every detail of your life ..they can all fcuk themselves off ..

Specifically? The fact that GCHQ/NSA are monitoring everything I do pretty much unregulated and unaccountably or that this is a massive abuse of government and liberty? The fact I'm being monitor

Posted Images

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Unsolicited emails are the bane of my life .Unsubscribe and there back on week later .That' from information sold to third parties. The old f**k off c**t reply usually works though .

Some fella on R2 today was saying that he wanted to watch a live something or other from Cheltenham, so in order to see it, he signed up to FB. He gave them only his name, gender, date of birth and email address - nothing more..........the following day, he had dozens, literally dozens, of emails - people you may know, pages you may like, groups you may be interested in etc etc..............how the f*** do they get that from those very minimal of details ?

10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

But he got the job! CA aren't the only ones that are doing it either the point here is that your echo chamber is open to manipulation from external forces, and this data breach is telling everybody that someone has been caught doing it.

Like he says in the video, mate, the collection of all this data surfing habits etc they can accurately predict who likes to do what and where to focus their attention when they need to push a certain agenda. You personally might not be as susceptible as we're not talking about a physical mind control here but look at the sheep on social media and look how these people steer the herd. Kerny stated earlier in the thread about his mates and the shit they circulate on Facebook.

At the bottom line it's a scattergun approach - if the shot pattern is wide enough, you're bound to hit something !

But this 'scandal' seems more subtle - "If we can't persuade someone to change their view and vote a different way, we might be able to dissuade them from voting their usual way"

8 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Some fella on R2 today was saying that he wanted to watch a live something or other from Cheltenham, so in order to see it, he signed up to FB. He gave them only his name, gender, date of birth and email address - nothing more..........the following day, he had dozens, literally dozens, of emails - people you may know, pages you may like, groups you may be interested in etc etc..............how the f*** do they get that from those very minimal of details ?

yeah i heard it ...It also  said even if your not on facebook but the sites you use have a Facebook link, I think THL does? Then they can still get information on you 

6 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

At the bottom line it's a scattergun approach - if the shot pattern is wide enough, you're bound to hit something !

But this 'scandal' seems more subtle - "If we can't persuade someone to change their view and vote a different way, we might be able to dissuade them from voting their usual way"

Yes they was saying that they targeted black Americans  but not to actually vote for trump but not to vote for for Hillary if that makes sense 

17 minutes ago, kanny said:

Yes they was saying that they targeted black Americans  but not to actually vote for trump but not to vote for for Hillary if that makes sense 

That was the bit that pricked my ears up, and probably what made this whole thing much clearer to me.........."if you read something online, and you can't see the product, YOU are the product !"

"We can't make you do this, but we will try to put you off doing that"

I don't know if this is turning out to be Orwell or Huxley (or a bit of both), but I think there's still so,so many people who haven't grasped the gravity of what is unfolding here. An this is an issue on the whole of the 'net - maybe Zuckerberg has been nominated to try to 'deal' with this ? He has 5hitloads of money and very expensive lawyers ?

Mind you, Zuckerberg has apologised, so that's alright then...............nothing to see here, thanks for reading this, go back to your shiny new devices, trust us !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

That's the thing though BB this is way more accurate than a random shot pattern. Every like, every share builds a pattern and combined with whatever personal information is shared the shot spread gets a little narrower but this is exactly what Facebook was designed for.

As you said earlier this is a war for information and they're not targeting the people that won't fall for it they're targeting the ones that are unsure. The beauty, to them at least, is that the people that won't fall for it also supply the information that strengthens the system as it learns and adapts. Simply not buying into it isn't enough as the algorithm takes that information to shore up the remainder. They know they can't persuade those that are absolutely sure, but they can target those that are on the fence and persuade them to go out and vote in the way their client has paid for.

I'm still with Born on this one though. It's absolutely fascinating and when AI finally becomes mainstream I honestly wonder if this is the form it will take. Just remember to fire countermeasures.

• Like 1
On 20/03/2018 at 20:32, ChrisJones said:

Genuine question here for the panel.

If it can be proven that this kind of profiling can sway enough public opinion to actually influence the outcome of an election should it be allowed to continue?

The internet is a great tool, and there is tons to be learnt, and enjoyed at the touch of a button....

but woukd i go back 20'years, when you didn't have all the shit that goes with it... in a heartbeat...even my 12 year old lad says he wished he grew up before everyone spent half there lives glued to a screen, a lot of his school friends don't seem to ever go outside ffs!! 

Ironic putting all this on a forum, using an I phone, I know.... but I do miss normal conversation from time to time lol

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

The internet is a great tool, and there is tons to be learnt, and enjoyed at the touch of a button....

but woukd i go back 20'years, when you didn't have all the shit that goes with it... in a heartbeat...even my 12 year old lad says he wished he grew up before everyone spent half there lives glued to a screen, a lot of his school friends don't seem to ever go outside ffs!! 

Ironic putting all this on a forum, using an I phone, I know.... but I do miss normal conversation from time to time lol

Don't worry mate the irony of all of us using a social media platform to whine about social media isn't lost at all! :laugh:

Would I go back? No. Just enjoy it for what it is a break from reality.