Big Brother Is Watching You

1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Don't worry mate the irony of all of us using a social media platform to whine about social media isn't lost at all! :laugh:

Would I go back? No. Just enjoy it for what it is a break from reality.

I'm the same mate, for me none of the internet stuff matters, I'm not on anything but here and a small hunting forum, where I yap to some old members off here...

but it's a different life for my kids, I took Fin fishing today, lovely day here... couple of his mates spent all day on games consoles and phones at the same time..I know it's a parents job, but kids just won't go outside in a minute without being forced, every experience they need is at there finger tips (well at least that's what there brain washed to believe)..,

shut up you old fart... lol

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no on Facebook it's a site for nosey b*****d's so kinda ironic them thereselfs are getting the tables turned on them lol

Another one not on Facebook , can’t understand this fixation for telling every one every detail of your life ..they can all fcuk themselves off ..

Specifically? The fact that GCHQ/NSA are monitoring everything I do pretty much unregulated and unaccountably or that this is a massive abuse of government and liberty? The fact I'm being monitor

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'm the same mate, for me none of the internet stuff matters, I'm not on anything but here and a small hunting forum, where I yap to some old members off here...

but it's a different life for my kids, I took Fin fishing today, lovely day here... couple of his mates spent all day on games consoles and phones at the same time..I know it's a parents job, but kids just won't go outside in a minute without being forced, every experience they need is at there finger tips (well at least that's what there brain washed to believe)..,

shut up you old fart... lol

Agreed mate!

Met a few good lads off this place over the years but the majority of it is just time killer. If the lights went off it wouldn't matter much for me but my kids would struggle at first!

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Did the office of the Information Commission get the warrant to search Cambridge Analytica yet ?

Let's hope they haven't spotted that 'delete' button !   :whistling:

According to the BBC it looks like they've already executed it. They're now accused of violating US election laws in an additional legal action.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, hawki said:

your never safe with technology even if you delete stuff it leaves a trace

have a look at this video the police dont even need a warrant to do this :icon_eek:

And guess who owns Whatsapp?

I'll give you a clue it rhymes with Dark Fuckerberg. :thumbs:

41 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

And guess who owns Whatsapp?

I'll give you a clue it rhymes with Dark Fuckerberg. :thumbs:

I bet that cnut has a private backend directly to my WhatsApp account lol The videos these birds send me are outrageous ???

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Anyone watch Blindspot? It's a fictional FBI/Jason Bourne type drama but covers all sorts of elaborate government corruption and conspiracy. This whole thing reminded me of it.

I watched "Enemy of the State" last night............:icon_redface:

The Lords Select Committee is launching an inquiry into whether the internet needs more regulation.

Committee chairman Lord Gilbert of Panteg is quoted...

“The internet has transformed the way we interact with one another and how we consume services and information. However, in its recent inquiries the Communications Committee has heard that the internet has become a platform for illegal and inappropriate behaviour, such as hate speech, the misuse of personal data and fraud."

I was having a conversation with the kids this morning and we were talking about “I wonder if the bloke who invented the internet regrets it?”

And yes.....I am aware of the fact we are having these conversations on an Internet forum !

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I was having a conversation with the kids this morning and we were talking about “I wonder if the bloke who invented the internet regrets it?”

And yes.....I am aware of the fact we are having these conversations on an Internet forum !.

I doubt it. Like a lot of things you can point at the evil and lay blame but you can't argue the good it's done. Revolutions to busting traditional communications. Dating to making people hypochondriacs with WebMD.

Access to information has been huge for the species but it has given ignorance equality. How that will play out long term is anyone's guess.

• Like 2

Always thought it was easy enough, sometimes wondered at previous on here, if you're up to no good don't put it on the f***ing internet.

As for faceache, I signed up to promote something, Twitter worked better. Don't care who looks at it, another easy rule don't put anything out there you wouldn't want on the front of a newspaper.

Some people are easily swayed, like the Cambridge Analytics stuff, games on faceache what's your fave colour? Then we'll match your age with your fave colour and target whichever advert at you. People are idiots.

• Like 2

YouTube's turn as they illegally collect data on children.

The group claims that YouTube is the most popular online platform for children in the US, used by about 80% of children aged six to 12 years old. Google has a dedicated app for children called YouTube Kids that was released in 2015 and is designed to show appropriate content and ads to children. It also recently took action to hire thousands of moderators to review content on the wider YouTube after widespread criticism that it allows violent and offensive content to flourish, including disturbing children’s content and child abuse videos.