How times have changed

Aye the old grandad sitting around the Xmas dinner table telling stories of when he was in the war to the great grandchildren. 

"Look grandad were having Christmas dinner here! Nobody gives a f**k how many Jews you killed during the war! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

In 50 years time there won't be Xmas in case we upset some ethnic minority. Times are quickly becoming worse, our once great nation has gone to the dogs.:censored:

Yep...lost the war without even putting up a fight

• Like 1
3 hours ago, scothunter said:

Aye the old grandad sitting around the Xmas dinner table telling stories of when he was in the war to the great grandchildren. 

"Look grandad were having Christmas dinner here! Nobody gives a f**k how many Jews you killed during the war! 

“Hey grandad, I bet that oven brings back a few memories” lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What do you old boys want to go back to...... War, ,  bad housing, low wages, shorter life expectation, no pension, no health care (NHS), no dentist, rubbish food, rubbish clothing and shoes, no tv, hardly any radio, poor education for the majority, just total poor life back then.

If all you old boys were put into a life stile and conditions that existed years ago you would be moaning your heads off about it. When the old age pension was introduced hardly anyone lived old enough to claim it.  My oldest sisters husband is nearly 90 and after 65 he kept working because he felt that he had to. Suddenly old age came on him and then they realised that a rainy day never came and they haven't done anything or Been anywhere and its too late to live there lives to the best that they could have. Still they remember the good old days of  make do and mend, having no car, being grateful for what they got, minding their p's & q's, knowing their place and standing to attention ect whilst being shafted like you should expect ,as a lowly serf. And don't forget that the woman's place is back tied to the sink post. Going to bed at nine o'clock and getting up at five to light the fire. Great times back then. The good old days.

PS and don't forget that back then you wouldn't have been able to come on here and moan about how the immigrants that do all the menial jobs that "we the British" wont do have changed the country where you knew your place and held your tongue.  Whats right, a picture of some young bloke on a motor bike going off to kill some poor innocent or as a young bloke with his life to live, getting is head blown off or some young bloke dressed up as a dog playing with his kids for fun. ( although not in the picture) ?

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 1

:laugh:

Well, I have to light my fire every morning or no heat, I don’t eat shit factory meat full of chemicals, the kids have to work around the place in return for money and “things”, the Mrs has been at home since the first one was born 15 years ago and they are all doing well in school and not out Getting Into bother........love it !

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

:laugh:

Well, I have to light my fire every morning or no heat, I don’t eat shit factory meat full of chemicals, the kids have to work around the place in return for money and “things”, the Mrs has been at home since the first one was born 15 years ago and they are all doing well in school and not out Getting Into bother........love it !

your old school wilf   lol, fair play  mate , i came from a background like that, i am 65   was in 52 ,most were like you back then, my old dad had worked as engineer  40 hours a week , and worked  sat/sunday  doing other jobs  to get extra money , mom stayed home with us 4 kids , he was fair but would hit you if you played up , i had few hidings for getting trouble , come close to going off the rails = police when young / and older   you need star  in your life  stability  to progress    deff:yes:

• Like 1

I was having a convo with me Mother today about how life used to be , it started when we where on about the amount of plastic we get. bottles etc, I said folks in the 60& 70's had 1 metal bin that was emptied each week.

we composted, the milk man had the glass bottles back, you grew your own veg , the dog had the scraps, we had bread delivered in a wax wrapper & meat off the butcher that was wrapped in white paper, that all  went on the compost heap, none of this 3 bins malarky.

You had your gas of the gas board , electric off the MEB your phone was BT if you was lucky enough to have one... your fence lasted for decades as it was creosoted in engine oil , no internet or mobiles , you could get a doctors appointment... if you had to go in to hospital they where spotless clean & run efficiently & if matron said jump you said how high 

Folks today are to busy '' cashing out'' :thumbs:

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Kay said:

I was having a convo with me Mother today about how life used to be , it started when we where on about the amount of plastic we get. bottles etc, I said folks in the 60& 70's had 1 metal bin that was emptied each week.

we composted, the milk man had the glass bottles back, you grew your own veg , the dog had the scraps, we had bread delivered in a wax wrapper & meat off the butcher that was wrapped in white paper, that all  went on the compost heap, none of this 3 bins malarky.

You had your gas of the gas board , electric off the MEB your phone was BT if you was lucky enough to have one... your fence lasted for decades as it was creosoted in engine oil , no internet or mobiles , you could get a doctors appointment... if you had to go in to hospital they where spotless clean & run efficiently & if matron said jump you said how high 

Folks today are to busy '' cashing out'' :thumbs:

They would come in your garden and lift it away on thier backs to the wagon, then return it. Some won't even empty them these days if the lid won't shut. They used to take anything left at the side of the bin too, as my old man discovered one day, even if you'd just propped it there for a while ? 

Everyone seemed a lot happier in the 50,60 and 70's, milkman would whistle, everyone would say "morning", the grocer, butcher and Baker would know you by name. We didn't need to recycle because we used it again or returned it!

I could go on about the "good old days", but.  Sure technology has improved our way of life, but the population as grown, and we're all wanting to better our way of life. 

• Like 1