Sign in to follow this  
Yokel Matt

Before the snow... doe

Saturday dawn was Baltic cold but looked to be best of the weekend. Managed to tag a roe doe as she emerged from some nice thick rhododendrons. That’s four in four trips here but the woodland stalking takes some getting used to, it’s all pretty close stuff and I’m not getting many chances to get a second shot away before they disappear into cover. 

Passing the owners chicken coup on the way to the gralloch site I disturbed a fox who ran up a the side of a steep quarry. The cover was really thick and I only just managed to track him in the bins. Lucky for me he stopped in a small opening against a some rocks.. unlucky for him he took the 6.5 in the chest. Absolute bugger of a job climbing up to find him and confirm things but you can’t just assume it’s dead.

57D09006-1E17-4C7E-BEF8-96581603C3FB.thumb.jpeg.875e73effc6ee4111e50e5e19f31c18e.jpeg

C7EED3A9-C79D-4883-8232-FB1103BEA1F4.thumb.jpeg.48db16866cd2681e0f720d20e43bd90f.jpeg

• Like 5

Well done mate , making a good show bet the farmers well pleased 

They seem to be Rich... you only get one chance to make a good first impression!

Finding bucks in all that cover could be another story though so I’ll bank the brownie points now! 

• Like 1

nice going mate

I’m going to be scratching all night - check out the number of less on the bloody thing... and this is just its arse!

CFECE3E0-6086-4F4A-9583-93AB309727E6.thumb.jpeg.3a64231c86b640b710c3ca47de93cd3e.jpeg

Hopefully this weather knocks them and the ticks back a bit ..earlier in the year the fallow were infested with the bloody things ..

• Like 1

Nice going mate but just looking at that gives me the creeps its lousy