Merle X merle

3 hours ago, postie said:

Already whelped Chid...all are merles mate.

Phil, would you steer well clear of the pups or try to assess them:hmm:?

If your looking to have one I’d be looking at the ones with less white on them and more of a solid coloured look to them ... but if it was me I’d stay well away .. 

• Thanks 1

Few months back a charity in sunderland were trying to rehouse 2 merle lurchers,fairly young dogs,siblings I think?Both were partially sighted and I think deaf,certainly partially sighted though.

1 hour ago, Wild-Bill said:

Is there anyway a vet could tell from a young age maybe test etc? 

There is a way Bill..it is called the Baer Test,..sadly, there are not many places that do it.

I took my bitch to a place in Hampshire,..she was found to be Bi-Laterally deaf,...(only able to hear, in one ear and none too fecking good with the other)...

When I was there, the vets were testing two litters of Dalmatians and a litter of White English Bull Terriers,...it was emotional...:no:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Oh, I knew fellah:yes: well,... I had a pretty fair idea that something was amiss...

I've purchased a deafy, and sadly, bred one myself...the signs will be there if you watch a suspect pup closely. 

Usual suspects carry a fair bit of white around the head,...and as we all now know,... the Merle x Merle union can be a disaster...

However, I do recall seeing an extremely colorful litter back in the 1980s, they were M+M, how they all turned out I cannot say.

Back in the day, we were truly in the dark and had no real comprehension of the dire results that could occur from such things.

Bp knew ,well he said he did

My sister had a white cat she thought was deaf so I did a scare test on it... Crept up behind the cu*t an roared at it.... Turns out it wasn't deaf cause it scared the living shit out of it....made my day that it weren't ? .... Hope them pups all turn out fine 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
11 hours ago, Ptd87 said:

My sister had a white cat she thought was deaf so I did a scare test on it... Crept up behind the cu*t an roared at it.... Turns out it wasn't deaf cause it scared the living shit out of it....made my day that it weren't ? .... Hope them pups all turn out fine 

Ours are just ignorant unless it involves crisp packets rustling or the sound or the biscuit tin being opened .

51484880-3F4F-4858-A0B3-FEEEE9F2BF86.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1