Skoda Yeti.

I know a fella close to me who buys damaged cars and sells them on after he's worked his magic. He doesn't take anything on with heavy damage and i know he's legit as my old man gets his motors from him. 

He's got a thing for Skoda's and tends to have them in all the time, he swears by them. The question i ask is would you look down on a young, trendy kid who drove around in a Skoda Yeti? I've got a familly and the Yeti is very practical for basically a hatchback sized car. Your thoughts on the Yeti?

Edited by Kerny92

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're looking for something as a runabout for the Mrs, and kids look no further than one of these... The M35, or Deuce and a Half as they're affectionately known, is considered a medium

I looked at them yetis but looked a little small for the family camping trips. Have just bought a Subaru legacy 2.0d 2010 very spacious, all the mod cons etc quick, looks sporty and fits around t

Skoda are now owned by Volkswagen...have been 1994 ..before that the only good  thing they produced was jokes ..got a great name now for reliability..

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

My mates daughter got one & they reckon its brilliant. Atb

All the reviews rave about them tbh, i sat in the passenger seat a few week back and they are a solid car. I was looking for something a bit bigger but they make the most of the space they have.

4 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I had knew college of years ago - loved it !

2 litre diesel, 4WD,, good fuel economy, comfy, spacious, easy to drive. Difficult to criticise it, really. I'd have it back like a shot !

The one he was trying to flog me was the 110bhp model, if i get one it'll have to be the 140bhp or 170bhp model. Saying that aren't we getting an announcement soon over car tax? I suspect diesels are going to get hammered.

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

There’s not much boot space in them is there? Sooner have a berlingo myself.

That's what i thought when he opened the boot, it's a ballache with the pushchair when i go shopping. The rear seats are very clever though and can even be removed easily.

10 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

I looked at them yetis but looked a little small for the family camping trips.

Have just bought a Subaru legacy 2.0d 2010 very spacious, all the mod cons etc quick, looks sporty and fits around the family nicely. 

Would highly recommend 

That's thing though cos they're damaged repaired they are cheap as chips. He's just sold a 2015 plate with around 30k on the clock for £5k.

34 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

That's what i thought when he opened the boot, it's a ballache with the pushchair when i go shopping. The rear seats are very clever though and can even be removed easily.

Get a berlingo I bought one off my dad a 54 hdi he had just put full set off mud n snows on it for a grand,I  ran it for a year then when we had 4 cars here decided to sell it I was plagued with young wannabe travellers offering me £500 , in end sold it to a local couple for £850 it had great boot ,great on fuel quite quick and surprisingly good for bit if sensible gentle off-roading on forestry tracks etc 

The Yetis thenselves have a strong following and are capable vehicles but as your going to use it with your family id be more interested in what damage the car has had and how well it has been repaired. Ive seen some right crap supposedly “ repaired “ and back on the roads over the years .

Your off your head buying a cat d/c and letting the Mrs and kids drive around in it mate..... May have problems getting insurance for it. Buy a subaru forrester,legacy more room get the same money for it when you sell it on. 

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Your off your head buying a cat d/c and letting the Mrs and kids drive around in it mate..... May have problems getting insurance for it. Buy a subaru forrester,legacy more room get the same money for it when you sell it on. 

Not at all, my old man has done it for years and no problems whatsover. He doesn't buy anything with structural damage. I don't think it really affects insurance because if it did my dad wouldn't go near it.

Edited by Kerny92
1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

Not at all, my old man has done it for years and no problems whatsover. He doesn't buy anything with structural damage.

Lol, how the f**k would you know whether it's been straightened on a jig or not? You taking some c**ts word for it.....  wouldn't put my Mrs or kids at risk over saving 2/4 k on a legit motor. If you can afford 3k I'd be looking at something few yrs older and straight. Your money fella you craic on?

• Like 1