An hour out with the family

Woke up this morning and the girls wanted to go rabbiting, so I said to them if we go they need to do all the work as I'm still out of action ? And they both said yes.  So I let them pick which ferret they wanted to take, they picked bear after an hour of arguing ?. Them the wife said she would come. So we got the dogs ready and of we went, f#%k it was cold. We went to a fram about 5 minute drive and found a 7 holer and set the nets and put ferret in.  After about 2 minutes one bolted and it was full of mixy so I wasn't holding out much hope, then all of a sudden the wife said there is a rabbit and pointed behind a tree so I went to look and there was a rabbit trying to get out of a hole I had missed. It looked as if it was stuck, went to grab it and pulled it out with the ferret latched on to its rear end. Dispatched it and in the bag. Went to another warren and nothing home. Then the girls said they were to cold, so of home we went.

so only one in total but we enjoyed it and that's one more in the freezer 27007881078_10bc83bed6_o.thumb.jpg.3364607c8d99a3a4c04115aace492c1a.jpg

• Like 7

Nice post mate glad your girls enjoyed it. I took my niece ferreting when she was about 10 she's now 30 got 2 girls of her own still ferrets with us and got her own pest control business so she was well and truly hooked after that 1st ferreting trip maybe one of yer girls will be a  permanent  ferreting partner

• Like 1