Marking bedlintons

On 18/03/2018 at 17:52, Lee farrington said:

I normally use my Heinz 57 dog, I've no clue what he is, I rescued him at 2 weeks old and hand reared him, but just lately I've started useing my wife's Lhasa apso and she is the same, I have to tie her up because all she wants to is kill 

It's a pain mate ain't it , if I could call my bitch off a mark I would be a very happy man lol. Atb Adam 

Most terriers are a pain when ferreting,too intense imo,rather just use a mongrel runner from working rabbit dogs that knows the biz.Did have a cairn which marked and stood back,all other terriers I've had tried to follow the ferrets below ground.Saying that I have a young parsons atm who's learning to back off when marking and good in bushy spots and under machinery and sheds.

18 hours ago, ferret333 said:

I saw a lads half beddy whippet, it marked but used to dig and bite at the holes, it was marking but i couldnt stand that if it was my dog, quiet is a must

She's not that bad mate she will have a scratch but the main prob I find is she won't come off until I grab her from there. Atb Adam 

15 hours ago, Sirblessed said:

I dont use a Bedlington, but I do like them, at least she is a terrier, like yours not often wrong.

Fair play too you mate that's a very good controlled bull you got there. Interesting to see different breeds ferreting pal. Well done. Atb Adam 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Most terriers are a pain when ferreting,too intense imo,rather just use a mongrel runner from working rabbit dogs that knows the biz.Did have a cairn which marked and stood back,all other terriers I've had tried to follow the ferrets below ground.Saying that I have a young parsons atm who's learning to back off when marking and good in bushy spots and under machinery and sheds.

Yes it is a pain mate, things would be alot easier if her prey drive wasn't so high lol, but apart from not coming off a mark you can't really fault her, so as they say no dogs perfect. Atb Adam 

If it marks a hole and there's a bunny in there that is all that matters to me.  I do love a BeddyX though.

My old dog has some beddy in her and she's a great marking dog. . . many times she has proven me and other people wrong..lol.:laugh:

1 hour ago, vin said:

If it marks a hole and there's a bunny in there that is all that matters to me.  I do love a BeddyX though.

My old dog has some beddy in her and she's a great marking dog. . . many times she has proven me and other people wrong..lol.:laugh:

Same here mate, I was just wondering how others peoples dogs were around holes. My other dogs mark but she's definitely my best marker. Once she's glued to the hole he's defo at home lol. You cant beat a dog with abit of beddy init in my opion pal. Atb Adam