Putange mole trapping

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing... Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about. I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe us

As a lifelong trapper, and a one time Importer, of killing traps,..the humane dispatching of a pest species really is a subject,... close to my heart. I do believe that we can affect a change, by

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Why ?,....they are not gonna improve your capture rate !  ha ha (believe me i know :laugh:) & your doing alright, so whats the problem ?

Sorry, forgot to add, i had to get one or two made for myself, by trying to copy also, mate. ( a bit painstaking & expensive  the process turned out to be too !  lol)

Very good,yes I am catching Moles and work with what I’ve got,but just like learning and gathering as much info on a subject as possible and would like to have my own opinion on those traps just like you do

3 hours ago, Dave74 said:

Yes I know but you coudnt wait to get a pic up could you ???

i don’t know what I prefer as I’ve never tryed a trap like that but if I did perhaps I would prefer it too just like you,there’s no way you never started mole trapping with those nowadays metal commercial type traps you speak of,lol I was using those metal traps 35yrs ago not exactly nowadays

" I was using those metal traps 35yrs ago " ,.....so can you clarify ?,.....cause i doubt it was the Putange or Talpex ! ,...which you are using now.  lol

9 minutes ago, Dave74 said:

I am thinking your traps are similar to duffus trap mechanism but fully enclosed with wood rather than metal

Well, its documented that this design was the forerunner, to the duffus, but not exactly the same, i reckon ?  (& single catch). As i say they wouldnt generally be first choice for commercial mole trapping, mate,....where your under pressure, too catch them ? (if you get my drift ?)

Edited by earth-thrower
2 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Well, its documented that this design was the forerunner, to the duffus, but not exactly the same, i reckon ?  (& single catch). As i say they wouldnt generally be first choice for commercial mole trapping, mate,....where your under pressure, too catch them ? (if you get my drift ?)

No not at all mate no pressure involved,I just enjoy doing it and it’s rewards,I have made a lot of people happy doing it

3 minutes ago, Dave74 said:

Are they based on the Bob Merrin trap?i see a video on YouTube on how to make em,not that big a secret really

Who said it was a "secret "??,...& let us know when you knock a few of those plastic ones up, mate ,....cause i know one or two boys who want to try one ? :D

I do charge if they want it done mate, and maintenance,but a lot of my mole catching is keeping the farmers happy that let me use there land for my more important to me hobby.Its my way of saying thankyou and not paying to shoot

4 minutes ago, Dave74 said:

I do charge if they want it done mate, and maintenance,but a lot of my mole catching is keeping the farmers happy that let me use there land for my more important to me hobby.Its my way of saying thankyou and not paying to shoot

I understand,...:thumbs:,......are there many moles about, your neck of the woods then ? 

13 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

I understand,...:thumbs:,......are there many moles about, your neck of the woods then ? 

I would say yes,but you know what this time of years like,but I would say there’s not much distance you can go without seeing a range,they seem to be everywhere specially near the coast I think they must like the sandy ground as the parks just of the bents are riddled with them.i know a few older lads who would have used strike9 in the day but they won’t trap 

• Like 1