Putange mole trapping

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strychnine,..was a terrible thing... Back in the day, I felt that its usage was something (as a Rural Pester) that I should know about. I applied to be schooled and instructed in the safe us

As a lifelong trapper, and a one time Importer, of killing traps,..the humane dispatching of a pest species really is a subject,... close to my heart. I do believe that we can affect a change, by

Posted Images

2 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

I'm glad someone's catching. I'm on a job at the moment where every type of trap I try is getting bull-dozed, back-filled or tunnelled under.

I'd be better off sitting there with a good book and a shotgun!

Aye, there's always one sooner or later, that can be awkward to get,...?

• Like 1
On 3/24/2018 at 19:23, earth-thrower said:

Aye, there's always one sooner or later, that can be awkward to get,...?

A spoke too soon, missed this big male mole, the first time ? ,..he actually started tunnelling below this trap, to avoid entering it, but its proper stoney soil, so he gave up half way along the trap, & decided to tunnel round the side of it. So reset it in a different spot this morning, & had him in the trap by teatime there, when I checked. However doesn't look straight forward as you can see from the picture, he's in it but its well bunged with soil, & you can only see his snout ! ,.....Now, there may be another mole, who has came along discovered the dead mole & bunged that end up with soil, and carried on as there was another tunnel bypassing the trap, at the side,......or this boy has avoided the trap again on the way out, & bunged it,... but entered it on the way back and got  caught ??

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 3

So this is the trap you you tryed to get me to ask about.Tell me more my friend I’m intrigued with so much question trying to burst out.. 

ps that’s very clever looks like you’ve got 2 in there

Edited by Dave74

"So this is the trap you you tryed to get me to ask about" ???,.....forgive me, but i dont think so, bud  lol,......i was prompted to reply cause of 'Luck Or Judgements'  post, actually, (as it was just coincidence i had a tricky mole)  and as i mentioned before MOST of the commercially produced mole trap types, (of metal construction) that are available nowadays, you can catch with, its just your own choice what you prefer ? 

Yes I know but you coudnt wait to get a pic up could you ???

i don’t know what I prefer as I’ve never tryed a trap like that but if I did perhaps I would prefer it too just like you,there’s no way you never started mole trapping with those nowadays metal commercial type traps you speak of,lol I was using those metal traps 35yrs ago not exactly nowadays

8 hours ago, Dave74 said:

Yes I know but you coudnt wait to get a pic up could you ???

i don’t know what I prefer as I’ve never tryed a trap like that but if I did perhaps I would prefer it too just like you,there’s no way you never started mole trapping with those nowadays metal commercial type traps you speak of,lol I was using those metal traps 35yrs ago not exactly nowadays

"Yes I know but you couldnt wait to get a pic up could you" ??,...:sad:  lol,....actually mate, no !,....ive showed the folks on here that wooden barrel trap before, cause i thought some might be interested, & they are not my idea, & i learned about them off an old (well known) mole catcher. Have i not already explained why i put them pics up ? :fool: (cause another contributer mentioned awkward moles ?) thats what the forums for, is it not ?.......(this traps a novelty for me, & is NOT my main trap, that i use,...) & im sorry but i cant make sense of the second part of your reply ?

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 1