Hobs for Jobs

Guest vin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epic capture Sir That ferret,...is a Master of his Trade,..and when I brought my bitch Dusty, back out, from her five years lay off, I was privileged to be allowed to handle him. He did not

I got use full hob he good at the rabbit game he big lad so cant do much ratting with him and I do a fair bit so gave him a whirl other night on the ratting pitch we do.   PUD

Cheers PUD

Posted Images

1 hour ago, trigger2 said:

Nice pic mate. Molly looks old in them pics mate. You easily forget she's been with you a few years when you watch her picking up the bolters.

She's at least 9 years old now mate. She looked like a puppy the other day digging away at a bunny I'd missed on a warren. I sat and had my cuppa and pie and when I'd finished I went over and pulled it out from the hole she was digging at.

I would be lost without her to be honest. . . I could safely bet my life on her marking.

On 3/22/2018 at 06:12, vin said:

I've been playing with the 60fps on the iPhone....   lol 

5ab2923d6ea3a_Capture-Copy(2).thumb.JPG.166a5c7829d92a2190edb74de89d7c7b.JPG

That photo clearly shows how much skill the dog requires to catch a small fast moving target ,mollys strike is outstanding ,years of this trade has taught her the skills and shes still applying them even at her age .Bloody outstanding to see . 

Thanks, chaps for the very kind words. 

Next thing on my shopping list is a decent camera or Video Cam etc.

I had a mate up today and his camera captured some amazing shots.. Flying bolts in HD. 

On 3/26/2018 at 23:30, W. Katchum said:

Give me a shout if ye need a hand vin, I’m busy lambing am calving just now but may squeeze off day in before wrapping up?

I'm about done now mate..one more trip with the ferrets to show face etc etc. 

Dogs are on rest now for a couple of weeks at least... then it's a nice steady summer off .. Doris has a muscle injury to recover from an old Molly is ... old. !

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:11, vin said:

I got a great little clip the other day on iPhone. 

Ferret drags bunny up to the entrance of hole and then bunny does a flying bolt dragging the hob down the banking with the dogs following. 

I must have had hundreds of bunnies in similar circumstances this season.One of the younger hobs caught a bolter on top of the Warren the other day.

I have honestly lost count on how many times I have pulled bunnies from the entrance of holes with the hobs attached.

5aacdba2b14c4_flyingferret.-Copy.thumb.JPG.a6e543595027cb15ba18006a95fbfa61.JPG

that ferret is a machine!

• 2 weeks later...