alabama rot

I'm avoiding walking the dogs round that area mate, seen the signs up last week...

The first signs of the disease are normally identified as skin lesions and sores that have not been caused by an injury. These sores are most commonly found around the legs and feet and appear as a distinctive swelling, open reddened and ulcerated skin; these usually develop within approximately two to seven days. 

Once infected, dogs can develop signs of sudden kidney failure. These signs include lethargy, vomiting, reduced hunger and, in some cases, abdominal pain.

Read something on this a while back as it was in my area. Think the only thing you can do is wash the dog down after walks and give their feet a good clean. Seems to thrive in wet and muddy places. Look out for the signs and symptoms. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-alabama-rot-symptoms-map-11899881.amp

• Like 1

cheers lads , its took the council months to put them signs up , looks like its all over the uk , I wash the dogs feet and dry them off every time there out always done that , might put a foot dip next to back door and wash my boots just to make sure I'm not bringing alabamba in , so with not known much about it and no cure I think this must be a massive worrie for us all , the uk is wet muddy most of the year and that's the condions we run are dogs in ,alabamba has spread fast to lots of the uk , it would be a sad day to see one of our running dogs pass away through something that we know so little about, we cant keep the dogs locked away so back in them muddy feilds we shall go ,atb

• 3 weeks later...