Which is best? HW97 or TX200HC

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

make it a lefty then

Old argument I know but having both, I would like to weigh in with my thoughts. When I'm shooting well (by my standards) the HW 97 is fantastic but far more hold sensitive than the TX. I can spen

97 allll day long. End of story.  If any TX lads wanna come to Lincolnshire for the HFT comps coming up, your very welcome to come along and prove the TX, and as it’s said on the THL, if any TX i

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Jonnyb6161 said:

My 97 is the same as the top one. With hindsight, I should have got the Sporter stock as the synthetic thumbhole is too skinny for my big hands.

Is it the silver and nickel one if it is

get it put into a wood sporter stock

there stunning Rez has one iv been after it for years off him lol

the blue is better in the flesh

its a keeper that one lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

97 allll day long. End of story. 

If any TX lads wanna come to Lincolnshire for the HFT comps coming up, your very welcome to come along and prove the TX, and as it’s said on the THL, if any TX in twenty two can out shoot, as in score, me and my 97 over 60 knock down targets at 45 yards, you can have my 97 for your petty money. 

Thats how I feel about the 97 being a better rifle. The catch is, it’s my rifle, so it’s always gonna be better for me. 

Mac, sorry big man, this doesn’t include you :D I’m 110% I’ll walk away with me .22 97 without you around. Or you Simon. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Rez said:

If any TX lads wanna come to Lincolnshire for the HFT comps coming up, your very welcome to come along and prove the TX, and as it’s said on the THL, if any TX in twenty two can out shoot, as in score, me and my 97 over 60 knock down targets at 45 yards, you can have my 97 for your petty money. 

Thats how I feel about the 97 being a better rifle. The catch is, it’s my rifle, so it’s always gonna be better for me. 

Mac, sorry big man, this doesn’t include you :D I’m 110% I’ll walk away with me .22 97 without you around. Or you Simon. 

Bold words those Rezmondo  :)

I wouldn`t bet my rifle buddy :no: but love the passion you have for your 97 in .22, that`s for sure  :good:

Tell you what though, if I lived near you, I would be round "knocking on ya door" -  my FWB Sport mk1 127 ( .22) v You and your lovely 97, -  loser buys the beer.

Eeeeee I`d be "Pi$$ed free of charge " that night  :snack::toast:

Do the 38 yd, shit shot challenge with the 97 mate - great fun !  :laugh:

I was going to " Crank things up" a little today and give a totally unbiased match between my T Rex .177 and my brand new, shiny Pro Sport .177 on the 38 yd shit, shot challenge but , of course it`s blowing and snowing, just for a change.

See how the day goes, - if I can, I will.

7 hours ago, Rez said:

Mark you would loose mate

nothing against your rifles or your capability to shoot them bud 

Iv not seen Rez shoot in person but watching his vids the lad can shoot

and some times i wish i could shoot like him when it comes to the 97 the mans a natural end of

Iv a lot more practice to get back to my spring rifle shooting to get back to the way i was .

Iv been around that hw100 to long NEED TO LEAVE IT AT HOME lol

Now as for SIMON (piano man) this man i have seen shoot in person

and there is NO GETTING AWAY FROM IT

we would all loose and if he turns up with the hw80 we may as well pass the beer money over to him and all go home

In fact he shoots the same with all his rifles pellet on top of pellet at his 35mtr range in his back garden (now thats a posh garden Mark)and i mean pellet on pellet mark in quick succession with out thinking about it .

Im banned from entering any fun comps at the shooting range they will not let me shoot lol

not that im a bad shot no one will play if im shooting lol

But i would not play if any of the two above were playing lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Charlie Caller ( Tim) will like this bit,

The LGU , under lever from Walther, is getting some great reviews and is being considered " right up there" alongside the TX`s and 97`s with some well known lads preferring the LGU.

Another thought crosses my mind here too :hmm:

Sandwell Field Sports will tune a 97 to a very high standard.

Sandwell will also tune an LGU to a stage 1 tune.

Sandwell will not tune a TX - as they say it`s tuned as can be already ?

Just thought I`d throw that one in ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mark williams said:

Charlie Caller ( Tim) will like this bit,

The LGU , under lever from Walther, is getting some great reviews and is being considered " right up there" alongside the TX`s and 97`s with some well known lads preferring the LGU.

Another thought crosses my mind here too :hmm:

Sandwell Field Sports will tune a 97 to a very high standard.

Sandwell will also tune an LGU to a stage 1 tune.

Sandwell will not tune a TX - as they say it`s tuned as can be already ?

Just thought I`d throw that one in ?

So why can ratworks tune them 

Sandwell are adamant that a drop in kit " is not tuning a gun" and when you think about all the polishing, lube , two men for 8 hrs on a 97 stage 2 tune etc, etc you can understand those thoughts.

The TX is as polished as a spring rifle out of the box, as they come. ( I`m told)

Rat Works agreed with that, especially the trigger and would not polish/ buff either.

Rat Works offer a stage 4 tune which is this.

IMG_0263.JPG.172e43787f096346d7f9ef167710e4ae.JPG

Now don`t talk gunsmith work with me lads as I`m no gun smith but as you have seen I am having some good results and found this work gave a marked improvement ( for me) in the accuracy and shot cycle of my TX.

Rat Works also told me to expect my TX to settle off at around 11.7 ft/lbs which it did/has stayed at that for over a year now.

She`s a very accurate, silky smooth rifle now.

Hope that helps any.