I know a farmer that did the same thing with his SGC when the mrs went off the rails, it was voluntary but after she rang the police the FAO recommended that they should stay there for a bit, it was over a year before he had them back at the farm, oh, and he’s still with her, some people just love a bit of drama in their lives 

• Like 1

Here is why your mate might have difficulties in getting his stuff back. You can't blame plod really. They don't know what he is likely to do in any circumstance where he looses control.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

St Leonards shooting: Two women shot dead at house - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-43438980

• Like 1

This is the reason he won’t get them back, firearms licensing will only go off your police/medical  history, you can send as many character references and letters from farmers telling them what a stand up guy you are as you want, this means nothing to them, they could of been sent by anyone also most people you shoot for only know you in that capacity and have know idea what goes on behind closed doors, I would of thought he’s wasting his time going to court as I could never see a judge overruling a FAO or chief inspector 

I would be surprised if he ever gets them back as its a second offence even if its false , A mate who wouldn't let his teenage  daughter go out out at night lost them when she phoned the police saying he had slapped her  after he had his guns removed she retracted her statement saying it was false and she wasn't done   for perjury  but he never got them back 

Yes its catch 22 for plod im afraid look at that Raoul bloke ,history of domestic violence for  years and they gave him his firearms back and we all know how that turned out.I think we all agree two sides to every story but he,s got more chance of welding snow than seeing his tickets again im afraid .He,s got 2 choices clay ground shooting and a trip to the airgun section to keep shooting or accept the obvious in the current climate no FEO/police officer will take the risk even if it,s a malicious stitch up by a angry partner/wife 

I agree, to be honest a bloke that has had his ticket revoked once and gets it back is a very lucky man, to have it revoked for a second time, and expect it back is very optimistic indeed, not impossible but highly unlikely, probably a fishing rod and an air rifle would be a good buy in the near future.

I think that it all depends on how the case is presented and how the bloke comes across.  I did know of a bloke that was totally unsuitable to have a gun and several clubs flagged up the firearms dept who turned him down several times. but he was persist and in the end the firearms department gave in and had to issue. He should never have a toy cap gun let alone real gun but there you go. He will either loose interest , be ok or end up hurting someone. 

15 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Yes its catch 22 for plod im afraid look at that Raoul bloke ,history of domestic violence for  years and they gave him his firearms back and we all know how that turned out.I think we all agree two sides to every story but he,s got more chance of welding snow than seeing his tickets again im afraid .He,s got 2 choices clay ground shooting and a trip to the airgun section to keep shooting or accept the obvious in the current climate no FEO/police officer will take the risk even if it,s a malicious stitch up by a angry partner/wife 

Raoul moat never had a licence, when he went one after he had only been out of prison two days...........used a sawn off shotgun, licence or not he won't be granted a sawn off lol

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Meece said:

I think that it all depends on how the case is presented and how the bloke comes across.  I did know of a bloke that was totally unsuitable to have a gun and several clubs flagged up the firearms dept who turned him down several times. but he was persist and in the end the firearms department gave in and had to issue. He should never have a toy cap gun let alone real gun but there you go. He will either loose interest , be ok or end up hurting someone. 

It’s a shame as he’s a cracking lad but has fallen foul of the fairer sex, he would come across very well in front of a judge but all I could think of is in the unlikely event of him getting them back while he is still with her she would constantly use it against him to get her own way, he maybe better off waiting until after this relationship has run it’s course or buy my fishing gear

Beastly women.  If shes like that, he needs to be got out and stuck into another.  the novelty of the trouble might not then have the draw that it does.  I remember an old boy telling me that, >> it will draw you further than gunpowder will blow you.  He was spot on with that quotation. his whole life will be ruined by the present one.  Seen it many times.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

When they turned out to be mental, which they inevitably always seemed to be he would bin them off, sadly there’s a little lad involved this time, he would be better off on his own, I’m sure he is fitted with a mong magnet 

this is not really about guns ect. it is about the lives of these people and  how they live those lives.  If he wants to sort himself out and have some sort of stable life maybe with another partner he may have to ignore the lad and make a complete clean break and not have the child as some sort of  piggy in the middle bargaining chip.  I know someone who is in a similar partner situation and the bloke is ok and the woman a complete nutter who uses the kids as a weapon to get at him.  they a waiting on a court judgement re access but when they come to visit the woman makes claims that they have been abused  and hit ect even down to the fact that she is allergic to animals and the clothes that the kids have been wearing are contaminated.  either he has to live with these consequences and limitations or remove himself and have no contact and start again.  hard but its his choice.  some people are born martyrs and that's why they are in the position that they are. I had another nasty thought but I cant write that down anywhere.

Edited by Meece

I’m sure it’s a few of them unwritten thoughts that make the police think it’s not worth the risk giving him them back, it’s a sad situation all round, but life is only what you make it, no one can force you into these situations the signs were their before it went to far ( pregnant within the first week moved in within a month, game over  ) ?