Not sure if I’m posting this in the right section but I would be interested to know other people’s views on this

someone I know had there FAC and SGC revoked following a domestic incident two years ago, tried applying for his shotgun back after two years but was refused and told by firearms they wanted to see another 3 years before he can try again ( 5 years in total) this is the second time he has had them taken off him

what I wanted to know is, is there anything stopping him going out with people who hold and FAC or SGC or does him having them revoked work like a firearms banning order where he can’t be in contact with firearms, I have had conflicting answers to this from someone involved with BASC and a solicitor 

That’s what BASC said, he is desperate for them back so he doesn’t have to rely on others, but the first time was for assault and the second domestic, I can’t see anyone putting there name to that grant of a SGC / FAC

After having being revoked twice, I would be very surprised if they give him the third chance to be honest.

An assault and a domestic? I cannot see many FEO'S or chief inspectors recommending or signing off a licence for him. 

That’s how I see it, the first time he deserved to have them taken off him for the assault but the second time was just two drunk idiots arguing over nothing and his mrs phoned the police and told them he was threatening her, something that she later retracted and no further action was taken

7 hours ago, Stavross said:

That’s how I see it, the first time he deserved to have them taken off him for the assault but the second time was just two drunk idiots arguing over nothing and his mrs phoned the police and told them he was threatening her, something that she later retracted and no further action was taken

Send him to the airgun section on here, no licence required, then he can punch his grassing wife in the mouth with nothing to lose :thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I feel a bit sorry for him everything was going swimmingly after he got them back the first time, a couple of extra rifles on the FAC and as much land as he could shoot, then he had the misfortune of meeting his mrs, she moved in, baby soon followed, I think it’s become a sport for her to make his life miserable, on the other hand I’ve got loads more land to shoot now, so every cloud 

7 hours ago, Stavross said:

I feel a bit sorry for him everything was going swimmingly after he got them back the first time, a couple of extra rifles on the FAC and as much land as he could shoot, then he had the misfortune of meeting his mrs, she moved in, baby soon followed, I think it’s become a sport for her to make his life miserable, on the other hand I’ve got loads more land to shoot now, so every cloud 

Until she falls out with you, she phones the police saying you have been abusive towards her, all nonsense of course. But who do you think the police will believe? bye bye licence.................distance yourself from the spiteful bitch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I cant see any problem with your mate going out with other weapons holders but because he has had certs 'revoked he wont legally be able to hold carry or use any of them without being under supervision. ( within sight).  In reality no one generally is going to know what is happening. BUT, if something goes wrong and plod finds out that he was in possession of a firearm the sky will fall on him and more so the person that allowed him to have the gun.  and the bloke who allowed him to have a gun will probably loose guns, certificates, permissions  and get a hefty fine at least. If there was some sort of claim for damage or injury the insurance company will just reject any claim which would open up another can of worms such as a civil claim for personal damage. It could be really serious.

If there is any violence invoĺved in revoking a certificate the police are very reluctant to reissue a certificate.  It's fairly understandable really. If you reverse the situation and you were responsible for giving guns to a person who flies off the handle to the point that plod is involved and takes the guns away twice would you be keen to issue. If this has happened twice, how many times has it got near to explode point. Assault... drun,.... arguing....winding the Mrs up so she phones the plod and they take his guns away again......Advise him to take up tiddley winks for the next 3 years or more if he looses it again. Sorry. Just my opinion  which you asked for.

Ps. the guns should  still remain his property so he could sell them and get something back.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

Ive only heard of 1 incident like this ,the man,s now ex wife always threatened hell n damnation if he got her out the door <goldigger pure n simple>.He made sure witnesses to the threat were friends of his by steering the conversation that way and when get knotted beehatch day approached whilst she was out he lodged his guns with an RFD The week before get lost day when he threw her out.

The obvious happened off to your mothers ex wife to be ,youl be fffing sorry says she .The bill were phoned all tears and pointing guns at me and said he,s going kill me n mum she lies .ARU dispatched to deal with mr nutter demanding his firearms ,certs etc BUT he only had his certs and his receipt from the local rfd from 7 days previous so oops was someone lying a bit .

Trouble is once her lying scheming bullshite was exposed he kept his firearms eventually , but she got off scott free 

• Like 2