Grove and Rufford hunt convictions overturned

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

If your first statement was indicative to the answer to your question then I'd agree it is a good thing. Unfortunately I think the whole animal rights/anti hunting business is an easy sell to the modern Labour supporter (read anti Tory). They don't give  toss really but equally nod in support. I honestly think it'd be an easy sell.

Fair comments but genuinely I don't see the will for it.

If these overturned convictions look like an unwillingness to enforce the issue (that's how I'm reading it) what is the probability that Labour government would ignore all the pressing issues and go straight for something they already banned? I see the concern. I just don't see the intent.

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Fair comments but genuinely I don't see the will for it.

If these overturned convictions look like an unwillingness to enforce the issue (that's how I'm reading it) what is the probability that Labour government would ignore all the pressing issues and go straight for something they already banned? I see the concern. I just don't see the intent.

I get you mate. For me the motivation for intent is the same as it always is, such an issue would be broadly popular and win them favour in the absence of actually achieving anything substantial. It's Labours version of "I'll build a wall!". I don't think the majority of folks give a toss about what the Commons are wasting their time debating. Be a great distraction from the mess they'd make of Brexit too.

I hope you are right.

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

I get you mate. For me the motivation for intent is the same as it always is, such an issue would be broadly popular and win them favour in the absence of actually achieving anything substantial. It's Labours version of "I'll build a wall!". I don't think the majority of folks give a toss about what the Commons are wasting their time debating. Be a great distraction from the mess they'd make of Brexit too.

I hope you are right.

That's a fair one too but I am looking at it from second-hand articles and disconnected perspective. I just look at the first time around when the banner of ban foxhunting had a degree of popularity but after the fact, the likes of LACS started seeing their funding wane. These people are desperately trying to hang on to any kind of relevance they once had.

As it was a Labour initiative and they missed every opportunity to actually do something meaningful I don't see them going for a second bite. Is it in their manifesto?

Just now, ChrisJones said:

That's a fair one too but I am looking at it from second-hand articles and disconnected perspective. I just look at the first time around when the banner of ban foxhunting had a degree of popularity but after the fact, the likes of LACS started seeing their funding wane. These people are desperately trying to hang on to any kind of relevance they once had.

As it was a Labour initiative and they missed every opportunity to actually do something meaningful I don't see them going for a second bite. Is it in their manifesto?

https://labour.org.uk/issues/animal-welfare-plan/

"Enhance and strengthen the Hunting Act, closing loopholes that allow for illegal hunting of foxes and hares."

• Like 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

https://labour.org.uk/issues/animal-welfare-plan/

"Enhance and strengthen the Hunting Act, closing loopholes that allow for illegal hunting of foxes and hares."

Well, that changes the game entirely. I retract my earlier comments.

If they get in you're f*ck*d as they're going straight for the jugular.

• Haha 2
Just now, ChrisJones said:

Well, that changes the game entirely. I retract my earlier comments.

If they get in you're f*ck*d as they're going straight for the jugular.

Read the rest if you want a laugh. :laugh:

They're the f***ing enemy to every countryman/sportsman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Read the rest if you want a laugh. :laugh:

They're the f***ing enemy to every countryman/sportsman.

Basically everyone else!

2 minutes ago, baker boy said:

lol.. spot on

Earlier I stated that they wouldn't have the will for it but I hadn't read the manifesto. Reading just some of the link that Born posted put me on edge. I'm seriously thinking of just not posting in any of these political threads anymore. This isn't a Britain I remember. It isn't a Britain I know. It isn't a Britain I want anything to do with anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I'm seriously thinking of just not posting in any of these political threads anymore.

You offer an outside view mate. Quite often it takes that and the associated questions to challenge those that are perhaps too close to the issue.

10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You offer an outside view mate. Quite often it takes that and the associated questions to challenge those that are perhaps too close to the issue.

Possibly but it's a chamber within a chamber... If 400,000 people showing up won't make a difference then what will?

8 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

So you need the Countryside Alliance to morph itself into the NRA! :laugh:

that's why it all got banned as it was allowed to be chipped away instead of having a zero tollerence and uniting in the face of our enemy. ya can gurantee that if a president ever bans guns within a week he will be getting laid to rest.  why could that not have happened to the war monger tony bliar

1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

If I was conspiracy minded I'd be thinking that there are forces at work making these stupid convictions and then subsequently overturning them to make this stupid and unworkable law even more stupid and unworkable...

kroqr.jpg

• Haha 3