Border collie stud dogs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Morton says, your in a perfect place for working Hill collies. Imo you will get a better type when you find a dog that is a fell/hill type rather than a trialing type.  Father Son

Only controversial cause they're shite ? ... I'd stick with Blackdog if it was me ?

Controversial comment but have you looked at hancock? 

Posted Images

Thanks for your help with a collie dog I've found a nice blue merle from a hill farm in brecon. I used to have a collie greyhound it was out of a greyhound bitch and a collie greyhound dog it followed the greyhound in shape good dog i think I'll get more stamina out of the half cross collie greyhound and stronger feet u can run a collie dog on all sorts of ground they got real good strong feet my last one seem to have a lot of problems after working the hills and the same with my greyhound am not really bothered with speed just a bit of brains good stamina and good feet it will just be mostly ferreting I'll keep up updated she should be ready one day next week I'll try and get some pics up 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, johndogs said:

Thanks for your help with a collie dog I've found a nice blue merle from a hill farm in brecon. I used to have a collie greyhound it was out of a greyhound bitch and a collie greyhound dog it followed the greyhound in shape good dog i think I'll get more stamina out of the half cross collie greyhound and stronger feet u can run a collie dog on all sorts of ground they got real good strong feet my last one seem to have a lot of problems after working the hills and the same with my greyhound am not really bothered with speed just a bit of brains good stamina and good feet it will just be mostly ferreting I'll keep up updated she should be ready one day next week I'll try and get some pics up 

If you have a pup turn out like birds Bryn you will have a nice rabbiting dog with decent enough pace

1 hour ago, edrd said:

Phil iam not saying they don’t exist but they real good ones are rare I had one that killed teeth in front of many big names hares and rabbits they was a very good litter breed up here years ago buy a Romany type lad a few will no him jimmy  to a old Tony’s greyhound who was worked like a lurcher not every one made the grade some speicalzed in teeth only  jimmys bitch  gypey and another called rusty 24 25 inch jimmy used the collie bitch at lurcher shows ect Beth my mates bitch was the one of the fastest lurcher s I’ve seen she was then mated  to a firstx deerhound greyhound called Rory who had a bit of a reputation the dog off that was called blue two firstx  I seen him killing 9 hares in January in a hard bit even today I’d say any man would struggle to kill 3 I used my bitch for everything she was just a 3 daytime bitch but I was happy way her seen another firstx dog called jip little black 24 inch dog that could hunt like a pointer kill you a bag off hares every time out and pull out from a hole and split it in two a well known terrierman used him for years the last time I seen him work he killed 4 hares all writhin a few yards he dident have the speed to be a true out and out hare dog I can honesty say there was not one single outing that that dog never put a few in the bag I have no  knolage  of Merle types they have never really interested me all these dogs came off working borders  most were used buy lurcher men then breed from    I certainly wouldent keep or breed from just a rabbit dog  what I will say that that Andrew Edwards video was off this type these just finished things that little bit better as I say good luck to any man who try’s in that I mean breeds his own and succeeds ?any one can buy a pup ?

The first x , Rory.  Was that joe McKennas dog pal  ?

2 hours ago, edrd said:

Phil iam not saying they don’t exist but they real good ones are rare I had one that killed teeth in front of many big names hares and rabbits they was a very good litter breed up here years ago buy a Romany type lad a few will no him jimmy  to a old Tony’s greyhound who was worked like a lurcher not every one made the grade some speicalzed in teeth only  jimmys bitch  gypey and another called rusty 24 25 inch jimmy used the collie bitch at lurcher shows ect Beth my mates bitch was the one of the fastest lurcher s I’ve seen she was then mated  to a firstx deerhound greyhound called Rory who had a bit of a reputation the dog off that was called blue two firstx  I seen him killing 9 hares in January in a hard bit even today I’d say any man would struggle to kill 3 I used my bitch for everything she was just a 3 daytime bitch but I was happy way her seen another firstx dog called jip little black 24 inch dog that could hunt like a pointer kill you a bag off hares every time out and pull out from a hole and split it in two a well known terrierman used him for years the last time I seen him work he killed 4 hares all writhin a few yards he dident have the speed to be a true out and out hare dog I can honesty say there was not one single outing that that dog never put a few in the bag I have no  knolage  of Merle types they have never really interested me all these dogs came off working borders  most were used buy lurcher men then breed from    I certainly wouldent keep or breed from just a rabbit dog  what I will say that that Andrew Edwards video was off this type these just finished things that little bit better as I say good luck to any man who try’s in that I mean breeds his own and succeeds ?any one can buy a pup ?

Well said sir that's the first thing youv  said that I've actually understood  lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blackdog92, is that second photo taken just to the east of Coniston? It's been a long time since I lived there but it looks like the bend in the road where you can take a footpath off to Tarn Hows. Stunning looking dog by the way.:thumbs: