Border collie stud dogs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like Morton says, your in a perfect place for working Hill collies. Imo you will get a better type when you find a dog that is a fell/hill type rather than a trialing type.  Father Son

Only controversial cause they're shite ? ... I'd stick with Blackdog if it was me ?

Controversial comment but have you looked at hancock? 

Posted Images

Bit like trying to reinvent the wheel with f1 collie greyhounds I personally think your be disappointed with a f1 after running a greyhound the litter waistage would be high as there to slow for most running dog men then you’ve got to think as the dog get older it’ll slow down even more rendering it useless as a catch dog far better option keep them racey bred with just a drop of base blood id be inclined to find someone with a nice working Lurcher with age an experience on its side something on the line of collie greyhound or collie greyhound deerhound greyhound or a bedlington x greyhound or a mix up of all of the above there would be far less litter wastage 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, johndogs said:

Working farm border collie wanted to use on my own greyhound bitch that I use mostly for lamping she's coming up 5 years now would like a half cross collie greyhound pups from her looking for a good collie dog am based in south wales 

Ill warrant many an hill farm in S.Wales are blessed with a purposeful Collie or 2,or follow poxon,s advice which would be better suited to the working ability and aptitude of the pups.

• Like 1

The first cross, Collie/Greyhounds can sometimes be incredibly variable, both in physique and sagacity...:hmm:

They are not for everyone,...you have really got to want one, to achieve any measure of success,...and, you need to be realistic with your demands of such a hybrid.

Personally,... I like them, they suit me fine,..always enjoyed schooling and working with them, ....always will...:thumbs:

• Like 2