Leavitt Bulldogs ?

just watched the program BBC1  about  British Bulldogs, and what terrible  thing to watch , the breed  is  nothing to what it was  when it was 1st bred to its job holding a bull   and other work to help the butcher . The KC  should hold her head in shame , and 90% of breeders today, the poor animal  is suffering  for it, what its come down is just feckin greed  ( money )  they are very popular today, a EBD pup sells for £2000  . They had on the program  Levitt Bulldogs , which  are x bred  Bulldogs  with 3 other breeds  x  back in to ebd  , and they look great  compared  to a ebd , 100% better   they looked bit like small bullmastiff, with a nice length tail ,  longer muzzle , less wrinkle  in face,  and  more leg to them . i used to have bull breeds  in the 80s , staffs,pit, bullmastiffs , and had leggy staffs in the 60s as a kid. i came out of the breed more so bullmastiffs for  same reasons  very unhealthy  dogs being bred   all had HD  and eye and elbow probs, and not long lived , so i wanted a healthy type dog and had lurcher, great pet, very healthy  as most x bred dogs , and  cheep to buy compared to ped dogs . The Levitt Bulldog  is a x bred dog, and it deff the way to go regards  the ebd , even if they not cheep to buy , at least you buying a healthy  dog, and at the end of the day that what a dog owner should want if they honest genuine  person .:yes:  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve saud for years that all rescued bull dog types should be stuck in the bin And the breed started from scratch  most peoples reasoning behind getting a bull dog is money  when that happen

The Leavitt Bulldogs they showed on that programme looked a load of old shit.old tymes,leavitt's,Dorsets,Victorians all the same thing just crossbred mutts with varying amounts of bulldog in them.Seen

My American bulldogs never let me down most loyal dog I've had I'd walk around Iraq with that c**t

Posted Images

Used to be old tyme bulldogs then Dorset old tyme bulldogs, I like look of some of them but not the ones that look like they got a lot of Douge de Bordeaux ? Blood in

but I wouldn’t pay over £300 notes for a crossbred dog 

Edit to say I just googled Leavitt bulldogs and they don’t look much different from the Johnson/classic ones that were over here ??

The Leavitt Bulldogs they showed on that programme looked a load of old shit.old tymes,leavitt's,Dorsets,Victorians all the same thing just crossbred mutts with varying amounts of bulldog in them.Seen a few that looked ok if what you're after is a bulldog looking pet but seen some right old shit and the one on the programme were pretty f**king awful.

• Like 2

The last bulldog I had was plagued with skin and eye trouble... Vets said it was food related and that lots of them get it now along with other probs.. Tried to sell us all kinds of stuff but raw food cured all... Seems a shame they not being bred right.... My one wasn't much good or anything but I know it would have died for me,  I won't have another one as dog aggression became an issue and it's a pain in butt 

48 minutes ago, downsouth said:

The Leavitt Bulldogs they showed on that programme looked a load of old shit.old tymes,leavitt's,Dorsets,Victorians all the same thing just crossbred mutts with varying amounts of bulldog in them.Seen a few that looked ok if what you're after is a bulldog looking pet but seen some right old shit and the one on the programme were pretty f**king awful.

Years ago I went to fellas place to buy something ,he had a crossbred bulldog it was length of American bulldog with bulldog head but was height of roughly a corgi looked fecking stupid

3 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Used to be old tyme bulldogs then Dorset old tyme bulldogs, I like look of some of them but not the ones that look like they got a lot of Douge de Bordeaux ? Blood in

but I wouldn’t pay over £300 notes for a crossbred dog 

Edit to say I just googled Leavitt bulldogs and they don’t look much different from the Johnson/classic ones that were over here ??

yeh there abd in them, pit , bull mastiff   , and your right really  regards price  even £ 300 over the top for a x bred dog, but the prob  soft people will keep paying daft prices for   dog feckin  cockapoos  go for £ 800 quid . and to pay£ 2000 quid for a dog full of health probs and short lived  stupid :yes:  the Leavitt Bulldog is improvement on a ebd  , at least will live more healthy  longer life  :yes:  , but you can imagine  they ask  daft price for these dogs , because they know people will pay the asking price of ebd .  If you really wanted a healthy type dog that got the look of bull in it , you better of getting a 1x bullx grey  any dog what ever the breed that got greyhound in it wont have the same health probs as other breeds, they dont have HD , eye probs, elbow probs, not like other breeds, and greyhound can live up to 14 years , they get arthritis  but thats just with age  like feckin me   body worn out   lol , any think with greyhound or lurcher type dog are prob the healthiest  them and  maybe  border collies  .  

23 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Only bulldog worth having excluding the pit is the American bulldog 

Although got an American bully import due in July lol

My brother has an American bulldog x old English bulldog he's a fine healthy dog,great guard,protection dog deff wouldn't  touch my brother with him around he would do some damage.

44 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Aint they bullies just crossbreds with cropped ears ? Heard some even put frenchie n staff in the pocket types lol.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

true mate , and in fact  they would have done the work of the butches dog holding the bull   no prob , but even few apbts were getting HD = bad hips and few other probs , maybe these ones weren't   from the proper working lines ,  that i heard about,  and  the working strain more healthier  and not over big either  30-55lb dogs   drop of there blood or greyhound  you get a good type healthy dog . like said i came out of bullmastiffs because they were in real bad state  health wise  , and got in to lurchers 30 years ago ,  and never looked back   , great dogs whatever the x  :yes:

• Like 1

Any of you had a Bandog... They're some animal... I lived/worked on an estate till couple years back and had a Bandog as guard ... He was brill seemed to know who should and shouldn't be around... Had to let him go when I moved as he couldn't get used to downgrading ?

1 hour ago, peterhunter86 said:

My brother has an American bulldog x old English bulldog he's a fine healthy dog,great guard,protection dog deff wouldn't  touch my brother with him around he would do some damage.

My American bulldogs never let me down most loyal dog I've had I'd walk around Iraq with that c**t

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ptd87 said:

Any of you had a Bandog... They're some animal... I lived/worked on an estate till couple years back and had a Bandog as guard ... He was brill seemed to know who should and shouldn't be around... Had to let him go when I moved as he couldn't get used to downgrading ?

Got one here and got a couple of good mates with decent ones but there's a lot of people chucking any big old dogs together now and calling them bandogs.

• Like 2
Just now, downsouth said:

Got one here and got a couple of good mates with decent ones but there's a lot of people chucking any big old dogs together now and calling them bandogs.

Would you say best ban dogs consist of neo pit mix?