Cushing’s Disease After Castration

Hi lads. Just after a bit of advice. I spoke to a vet at my local pets at home the other day about castrating hobs, but he advised against it because he said he’s seen Cushing’s Disease a few years down the line as a result of castration. He says he would do it anyway if I insisted at the same price as rabbit castration. Has anyone had this happen to them? That conversation has thrown a bit of a spanner into the works on my idea of having 2 or 3 hob kits and castrating them when their balls drop next year.

Most vets are against neutering / castration due to risks of cancer later in the life. The only other option is to use a ferret implant. Not cheap, but it does what it says on the tin. I had my 2 jills done, it was about £90 quid each all in, including a bit of gas to half knock them out. It should last around 2 years, and a member on here said in his two jills, it lasted 2 on one, and 3 on the other.