• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you could get this substitute      

First crufts now sharpie,s I could of sworn this was the HUNTING life when I joined, it's a four legged ball bag that smells of old socks and likes a nip at kids, won't catch you dinner won't retrieve

Kenny I used to own one for over ten years you have to watch out for entropium  which is an eye problem also as said skin problems,  also which is very bad for the dog is ear problems their ear canal

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

That's going from bad to worse, i don't want a dog that might get eaten by the Gulls.

You ain't far wrong - the biggest one is 3.5kg.

....... We have to keep an eye on them when the Red Kites are out.

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

That's going from bad to worse, i don't want a dog that might get eaten by the Gulls.

Wife’s got a long haired one an a chi x Russell ,I joked the buzzard was going to come down other day an take one ?

hate the big eyed freaks,

id sooner have a Lhasa apso they are great little dogs or get Her a Russell or border terrier take it ratting lol

• Like 1

think  Stabber on here had one  x with staff, so not as bad a pure , and  think he said it was good guard dog as well, must be them  then  shar pei , as norm staffs are very friendly with people  . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, C556 said:

Having seen some old pictures of working Shar Peis, they looked more like pitbulls. Maybe talk her into a healthier bull terrier breed if they interest you's?

Yep, they both are definitely related somewhere down the line. 

Seeing as though they are an ancient breed they could be the ancestors of the Bulldog and the APBT.

I think it'll be more like what happened with the Japanese dogs. They found the European dogs were far more effective than thier own dogs so started adding a lot of bull blood to their spitz types.

8 hours ago, bird said:

think  Stabber on here had one  x with staff, so not as bad a pure , and  think he said it was good guard dog as well, must be them  then  shar pei , as norm staffs are very friendly with people  . 

Few round by me shapei x American bull, lovely dogs from what I've seen no issues. Just tip up with a lurcher pup and tell her it's an Italian greyhound lol, that's what I would do :whistling:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, C556 said:

I think it'll be more like what happened with the Japanese dogs. They found the European dogs were far more effective than thier own dogs so started adding a lot of bull blood to their spitz types.

Yep,  very plausible indeed. Bulldogs are still added into Tosa lines to this day.