GOOSE FLIGHT TODAY

Went out this morning & set up with deeks by 8am.Im only 3-4miles from marsh & have seen hundreds of geese on fields 1/4mile from my ground.My field is on a flight line for geese going inland.Seen my first skein 30-40 geese & they came right in & i took 2 for 3 shots.Got a nice high single goose that came from no whare & got more odd skeins come in but only got 1 more & another that went down back towards my jeep 300-400m a way & got it on way back.I took some pics of more as i was happy with 5 pinks but could have easy had more.My call is a SCOTCH CALL & not a haydel but its very good.

Picture2124.jpg

Picture2125.jpg

Picture2140.jpg

Picture2144.jpg

Picture2147.jpg

Picture2148.jpg

Picture2150.jpg

Picture2153.jpg

Had a wee game shoot on my ground with my Dad/brother & mate finished with 18pheasants & 1 redleg partridge.

Picture2099.jpg

Hello & thanks i forgot to mention the doo's i saw that morning too.For 2hrs they went back & fore over me even when standing up & they seem to like my 6 goose deeks might try them for the doo's some day with pigeon deeks too for a trial.Wildfowler2007 will PM you my email.

Hello foxy my motor was off the road but back on now & my does local go nocturnal due to people walking first & last light but hope to get at them & with my mate but might have landed a good wee part time job to help my fuel funds too.Blackdug i was using some old winchester 36g No.3 in 2.3/4" but had some 3" 50g No.3 & BB but nevr needed them.

The dog is bred by myself just over 10yrs ago & was runt of the litter.He has done alot of pheasant/partridge & duck work for me & some grouse on the Scottish moors.Im just in from a walked up day beating for an estate with him & half sister but at 10 he is semi retired & normally my wildfowling dog now.

• 3 weeks later...
The dog is bred by myself just over 10yrs ago & was runt of the litter.He has done alot of pheasant/partridge & duck work for me & some grouse on the Scottish moors.Im just in from a walked up day beating for an estate with him & half sister but at 10 he is semi retired & normally my wildfowling dog now.

you need more than six decoys to bring in the geese i wouldnt even try with less than 10

Looks like iv broke the rule shottyscotty & proved it can be done then as it worked for me as it all i have.I cant aford any more & the very first skene of 30/40 came straight in & 3 landed before i started to shoot.I will admit i would like 15/25 deeks & my intention was that of pulling them close enough just for the shot & found they come well to my call even without deeks as i did with my brother & friend just before xmas they came from 1mile or so right over us & we got 3.

Edited by v-max
  • 1 month later...