Terrier mistakes

On 3/17/2018 at 05:43, stop.end said:

Experienced terriers dont have an off day.. terriers with the correct wiring and lineage may be out witted once or twice in their career ...some never if man and terrier is stubborn enough... and if they have been giving me thought that there is an enquiry.. the only way to solve the conundrum is ask the terrier..by working the terrier.. thl wont answer your questions..only you can.?

Stop end I've said it before and I'll say it again you do spout some bollox.terriers are just terriers not machines programmed to do a specific job so yes any terrier can and does on occasion have an off day no matter what way they are bred. I have seen dogs go season after season without fault and then one day something happens that no one can explain as no one knows what goes on underground it might be just the once but it happens to the best of them and I think most lads if honest will agree.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop end I've said it before and I'll say it again you do spout some bollox.terriers are just terriers not machines programmed to do a specific job so yes any terrier can and does on occasion have an

I agree with you their are plenty of lads that would love to see a good dog fail instead of seeing it do a good graft then jealousy has a lot to do with it. I have heard of lads telling other men slip

Was in the same predicament myself MG a few seasons back with a dog that I still have to this day. Big sandy place dog had the run around for first half hour then was working away in a spot, we left h

8 hours ago, stop.end said:

Experienced terriers dont have an off day.. terriers with the correct wiring and lineage may be out witted once or twice in their career ...some never if man and terrier is stubborn enough... and if they have been giving me thought that there is an enquiry.. the only way to solve the conundrum is ask the terrier..by working the terrier.. thl wont answer your questions..only you can.?

I get what your saying chum but in your statement you said experienced terriers can get out witted once or twice in their careers... if they don't get there game chum that puts them in the same category as my dog.. you've  contradicted  yourself  buddy :thumbs:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yea I suppose any dog could have an off day. It can turn into an excuse though, can't it. How many "off days" is acceptable? How many good dogs have "off days"?

Ya know, there's a lot of lads out there who think they have great dogs. Thing is, they just haven't seen one yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Yea I suppose any dog could have an off day. It can turn into an excuse though, can't it. How many "off days" is acceptable? How many good dogs have "off days"?

Ya know, there's a lot of lads out there who think they have great dogs. Thing is, they just haven't seen one yet.

A lot of it is a cock measuring contest with lads boasting up dogs.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, undertaker said:

A lot of it is a cock measuring contest with lads boasting up dogs.

Lol, taking  you to earths they to scared to drop their own dogs in.... Trying to set you up for a fail.... Been there many times and wiped the smerk off their faces.... Be honest with yourselves, every dog from every line no matter the breeding will make mistakes.... Just depends on the ego and honesty of the owner to how its dealt with, some keep quiet and still breed from em, others know enough to admit dogs faults and tell you..... Unfortunately these days they are few and far between imo. 

• Like 8
On 3/17/2018 at 19:08, Daniel cain said:

Lol, taking  you to earths they to scared to drop their own dogs in.... Trying to set you up for a fail.... Been there many times and wiped the smerk off their faces.... Be honest with yourselves, every dog from every line no matter the breeding will make mistakes.... Just depends on the ego and honesty of the owner to how its dealt with, some keep quiet and still breed from em, others know enough to admit dogs faults and tell you..... Unfortunately these days they are few and far between imo. 

I agree with you their are plenty of lads that would love to see a good dog fail instead of seeing it do a good graft then jealousy has a lot to do with it. I have heard of lads telling other men slip your dog in here dug it loads of times only light to end up a gruller and they then turn around and say that the first time it went that deep.I would never ask any man to put his dog where I wouldn't put my own and anyone that has dug with me will vouch for that. I personally like to see another mans dog work so when I have someone up for a day I try and sort them with as many digs as possible as some may not have the digging where they are from but I will always take one of my own out aswell. Why people would like to see another mans dog fail is beyond me or worse again why they would take them to a bad place just to try and break a good dog because no matter how good they are they do have a breaking point.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, fat man said:

I agree with you their are plenty of lads that would love to see a good dog fail instead of seeing it do a good graft then jealousy has a lot to do with it. I have heard of lads telling other men slip your dog in here dug it loads of times only light to end up a gruller and they then turn around and say that the first time it went that deep.I would never ask any man to put his dog where I wouldn't put my own and anyone that has dug with me will vouch for that. I personally like to see another mans dog work so when I have someone up for a day I try and sort them with as many digs as possible as some may not have the digging where they are from but I will always take one of my own out aswell. Why people would like to see another mans dog fail is beyond me or worse again why they would take them to a bad place just to try and break a good dog because no matter how good they are they do have a breaking point.

Lads that would like to see another man's dog fail when I out digging with them wudnt be terrier men in my eyes just spinless c**ts.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, fat man said:

I agree wholeheartedly I'm the same but there's plenty more of the type that we have just mentioned fm. Atb

• Like 1

It's more common than people would think. The digging up around me is not too plentiful so travelling is the only way to work the dogs properly. I've lost count of the times I've dropped a dog in, and out comes the 'oh we never get a dig on this place' or after a successful dig it's 'dog did well there, we've never managed a dig on here'. There's no need for it.

• Like 5