Any 1 planning a litter of firstx bull greyhound puppies

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's be real.Anyone who's got a top quality bulldog bitch ain't going to be breeding it to a poxy greyhound  to produce a litter of old lurchers.A top quality bulldog bitch is only gunna be bred to a

Never been able to see the point in the reverse 3/4 bred.What quarry species do we have in the UK that a decent half cross isn't going to do a better job on? and if you are needing to breed your 1/2 c

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Jus out curiousity iv had this discussion a few times an heard few answers an honestly don’t know what I think 

but pre ban do ye think pulling out a hole is more of a test than the lamp or even daytime where mutt has to catch an them dispatch, if talking same numbers of critters involved??

They will generally get more stick at the business side of things but last i heard a Lurcher is a running dog and chasing and catching it's quarry is the name of the game.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

A halfx bull aint yer average running lurcher tho is it? An might be more stick but after a good run some dogs took some stick aswell 

You'll be surprised, if it's fast enough to catch a Charlie then it's a running dog in my eyes. Of course they take stick, it comes with the territory but unless you have a crazy dog that's oblivious to pain then they tend to find their holds to get the job done and dusted.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

A halfx bull aint yer average running lurcher tho is it? An might be more stick but after a good run some dogs took some stick aswell 

Disagree there.Ive heard that excuse before any times"oh but it's a half cross"Bollocks it's still a lurcher.Theyre meant for running and catching stuff Terriers are meant going down holes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Jus out curiousity iv had this discussion a few times an heard few answers an honestly don’t know what I think 

but pre ban do ye think pulling out a hole is more of a test than the lamp or even daytime where mutt has to catch an them dispatch, if talking same numbers of critters involved??

I’ve heard of dogs that would pull stuff but when it was on the bank let go and bark at em. Lol.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Shaddy93 said:

So a dog that’s used around holes where there job is to go in face first grab and pull out which sometimes is far from easy, these dogs are struggling to get a job done? If you ask me if a dog for this that’s been doing it for 4 seasons regularly and it hasn’t got its lip missing and only one nostril then then the dog is messing about 

A dog used implicitly fa drawing  well fella yas need get some decent terriers around yas a humane killing pistol his fa that and back in the Renan days what ever else was available ,human quick dispatching when needed shows the quality of the man ,using his little tykes.catching bolsters unless them hole dogs got some running ability Charlie will be gone in the dust.lots a these teeth less hole dogs are nothing but big terriers lurchers in the sense they are not.,having a dozen in a few couple outings on the lamp single calls for a animal with abit a class .atb Bill.

• Like 2

Agree with the lads saying a lurcher should be used  as a runner first and foremost, if a lurcher is on a dig it should only be there for bolters and if a lad has to ask a lurcher to do his job he’s in the wrong game and doesn’t give a fcuk about terrier work, it was people like this that were one of the main reasons for both bans and should be shunned. 

• Like 1