Any 1 planning a litter of firstx bull greyhound puppies

21 minutes ago, Ptd87 said:

My boss Always said..kill the worst,sell the best and breed from the very best.. That was with sheep but goes for everything.... Except women maybe 

Yip and I totally agree with that. But when he said that he was talking about animals he had access to, if the man up the road had better sheep and he couldn’t get a service would he cease to breed sheep?

• Like 1

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's be real.Anyone who's got a top quality bulldog bitch ain't going to be breeding it to a poxy greyhound  to produce a litter of old lurchers.A top quality bulldog bitch is only gunna be bred to a

Never been able to see the point in the reverse 3/4 bred.What quarry species do we have in the UK that a decent half cross isn't going to do a better job on? and if you are needing to breed your 1/2 c

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Yip and I totally agree with that. But when he said that he was talking about animals he had access to, if the man up the road had better sheep and he couldn’t get a service would he cease to breed sheep?

No coz in his eyes he already had the best and therein lies the problem 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ptd87 said:

That's a good point and you've always got to outcross  and I ain't got a decent answer for that ? ...at least I'm honest 

Well I have a bitch bin a good un had a few offers of studs some what have seen her work some just on looking at the bitch which is all wrong anyroad the bitch has faults as they all do but I know mesen I won't breed off her tho some people think I'm nuts to me she ain't good enough and that's that

7 minutes ago, Black neck said:

How's the young un gerrin on shaddy 

I’m just ticking him over until stubble now had abit of fun with him last weekend but he’s done really well until now couldn’t ask for better signs ??

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Navek said:

How do you  know it’s going get stuck in ? I know lads who have dogs that will grab hold of a hog but won’t grab hold of teeth 

theres plenty of dogs that will grab hold of a hog but not take teeth all over the world ..look at the lab x boxer used for hogging but won’t touch teeth 

comparing  hog dog to a game box dog is like comparing a pub brawler to Muhammad Ali 

Don't boars have tusks then? If it was just a case of grabbing ears a lot of dogs could be trained to do that if nothing was coming back at them. An aussie told me one of the main reasons hunters got dogs from the pound for pig hunting was the wastage involved, in oz they weren't big on chest guards apparently,  and when they got a good dog it was prized and bred from ie worker to worker

2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

But you used a second rate greyhound bitch that never produced a pup in your breeding. Lol. 

How many litter of lurcher pups are bred from a 1st rate greyhound bitch, not many if any.

• Like 2
Guest Navek
1 hour ago, robertb123 said:

Don't boars have tusks then? If it was just a case of grabbing ears a lot of dogs could be trained to do that if nothing was coming back at them. An aussie told me one of the main reasons hunters got dogs from the pound for pig hunting was the wastage involved, in oz they weren't big on chest guards apparently,  and when they got a good dog it was prized and bred from ie worker to worker

Yes boars have tusk... not all of them tho ... and normally there's 3 to 5 dogs on a boar .. always two catch dogs  and 3 or more baying .... any dog when there's 5 of them will grab hold of a boar .. I know a lad who lives in the U.K. And his lurcher has grabbed and held on to boar ( accidentally) many times ... the same dog will not pull and kill teeth ... I also have a mate who lives in Australia been there 10 year plus now and he has a dog that will hold boar but won't grab hold of a fox ... sorry to say but a dog that will grab hold of a boar with another 5 dogs round it doesn't make it game .. everyone has different standards mine and yours are obviously different ,