What was your BEST spring rifle shot of 2017 ?

Has to be the FWB Sport 124 .177. in May 2017

We, ( the forum lads), were discussing hunting ranges and I mentioned I like to always get to within 35 yards of anything I shoot.( still do )

After a right good debate over this, a large bloke off here, that likes burgers :laugh: and HW 97`s, talked me into pushing my limits.

Well the practice was really put into this because the pest control I was on required me to push hard on the ranges.

I was also back with my beloved classic 1978 MK1 FWB Sports rifles that I`ve shot with for 40 years or more :icon_redface:.

Here`s a photo later in the year of the 40 yr old`s zero.

IMG_0701.JPG.ca826ee594d7d0e414e4629c1c4ecb94.JPG

The old girl is not tuned at all and is all original.

Here`s the range I was up against. 53 yds to the end of the left hand hedge line where they were showing and I couldn`t get nearer.

5aa3942d62167_IMG_0527(1).JPG.60482256a23f11dc4d7e8eac97cf889a.JPG

One milldot of holdover was " precisely" 50yds, - the shot was taken, aiming just behind the eye.

IMG_0526.JPG.7f8f244cbb9472030488b67632359e16.JPG

Here`s my poser :D  Kaiser.

IMG_0332.JPG.c09dce4350cb25d6fbba3a63932f6612.JPG

Here`s the rest of that memorable evening with the FWB Sport 124 mk1  -- " Roll on a couple more months "  :boogy:

5aa396db081e0_IMG_0582(1).JPG.ed5e38e8a5a1d2ea2d73b429ae59ca8f.JPG

atb  Mark.

• Like 4

Them old girls have done you proud Mark

Iv not shot a spring rifle for almost two years until yesterday

but i was hitting bells and spinners out to 60mtrs with the 97s

Ill not be hunting with it until im back to top class performance with a springer Mark

looks like ill be spending a lot of time at the range when work dose not get in the way .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks 1

You already know how to swim mate with the springers :yes:.

Wait till you see yourself go with the HW 100 after a stint with the 97`s :good:

The 97 work you`ve had done sounds similar to the Rat Works tune on the T Rex Jimmy ?

If it helps any, the TX only started to settle off/ bed in, at around 500 + shots but feck me did she settle.

At a guess your 97 will be the same :hmm:?

By the way,- handsome rifle that 97 Jimmy .

• Like 1

CAN of WORMS:laugh:

I know exactly where when and what with mine was... it was done with the 95 and lazed after and witnessed by my mate!!

but im not posting it on here...a lot of lads on here play down what they get up too and dont post half of it!

• Like 4

Feinwerkbau sports have always been one of my favourite spring powered air rifles. I’ve got to admit to not having fired a single shot with any of my spring or gas ram guns this year, with the exception of my Webley Senior .22 pistol. I must hang my head in shame...................?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Feinwerkbau sports have always been one of my favourite spring powered air rifles. I’ve got to admit to not having fired a single shot with any of my spring or gas ram guns this year, with the exception of my Webley Senior .22 pistol. I must hang my head in shame...................?

Makes two of us rfboy

iv had to do a job on most of the perms and when iv got to do that its the pcp,s mostly the hw100

iv got a stunning tx200hc sitting there be lucky if iv put 10 shots through her in two years

apart from the fact i dont like the rifle lol

but iv a feeling this 97 will be put to use once iv got my eye in again.

Totaly enjoyed it yesterday at the range .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Probably one of my best springer shots ever was in February 2017.

At the end of a plinking session at the club with a .177 HW97 and a scope with a basic duplex reticle,  I stood up for a last shot at a little silver bell at the end of the 60yrd range.

It only went feckin 'Ping' :o

......... The best bit was, everyone saw it :laugh:

IMG_20170208_153844.jpg

IMG_20170208_154048.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Phil, 7 lbs.

.22 recoil is far easier to command than the .177 from this era but once you have learned the characteristics of the 124 (.177) they are very predictable and truly wonderful/ accurate to hunt with. :good:

• Thanks 1