I just can't get my head around wanting to kill something so beautiful and majestic. Not to mention trophy hunting is bad for the bigger specimens. It has been a major factor in the reduction of size in some big cat subspecies.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunno if this will work...  

Great it does work. Here’s a f***ing Jaguar treed up!   

I think if one of these really wanted you its game over.....  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

I just can't get my head around wanting to kill something so beautiful and majestic. Not to mention trophy hunting is bad for the bigger specimens. It has been a major factor in the reduction of size in some big cat subspecies.

+ 2 :thumbs:

1 minute ago, Kerny92 said:

I know it's hypocritical to state such things but that's how i feel, don't get me wrong i can accept the hunt but i can't accept the kill.

i know what you mean , i understand  killing  animals  that attacking live stock, or if its for food, but  some species of animals need protecting , as there numbers are very low   , they need bigger  gene pool  to get healthier  animals , and some of them mountain lions  numbers are very low  . ive  hunted 30 odd years  thats, all our uk  wild mammals , but numbers  are not over low,  deer, fox, hares, and  only rabbit numbers are getting lower , but the other animals  there numbers  are ok , if they weren't i wouldn't  hunt them , i pack in and find another sport to do .:yes: 

3 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Show me the study that supports that statement.

• Like 1

Who’s better qualified to determine the population status and therefore hunting quotas? Fellas on the internet in another country or biologists from the department of fish and wildlife and state level depts?

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Aye they do well to fight with an adolescent with no claws and likely no fangs. Don't believe what you see in those staged videos.

really? whys the dogos face all scratched to f**k then?

dont believe everything you get told 

42 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Show me the study that supports that statement.

I've read it before, I'll find it because it won't let me add the file.

Does it really take a study for you to believe it? 

By culling the big specimens you are indirectly taking part in selective breeding.

Edited by Kerny92
27 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

I've read it before, I'll find it because it won't let me add the file.

Does it really take a study for you to believe it? 

By culling the big specimens you are indirectly taking part in selective breeding.

Yes it does take a study. The flawed aplication of theory has and does lead to bullshit conclusions.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yes it does take a study. The flawed aplication of theory has and does lead to bullshit conclusions.

Well I've just been reading one now, won't let me add it as a PDF on here. Just google it and you will find the article and likely more. So you don't believe trophy hunting as a detrimental effect on animal size? 

22 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Well I've just been reading one now, won't let me add it as a PDF on here. Just google it and you will find the article and likely more. So you don't believe trophy hunting as a detrimental effect on animal size? 

Not when managed in a similar way to north america no. Mate rather than me try to find it, just send me the google search and tell me which one.

Edited by Born Hunter
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Not when managed in a similar way to north america no. Mate rather than me try to find it, just send me the google search and tell me which one.

Did you know hunting larger Cougars leads to an increase in Human and Cougar conflict? 

https://blogs.biomedcentral.com/bmcseriesblog/2016/10/27/trophy-hunting-unexpected-consequences-cougar-human-conflict/

37 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Did you know hunting larger Cougars leads to an increase in Human and Cougar conflict? 

https://blogs.biomedcentral.com/bmcseriesblog/2016/10/27/trophy-hunting-unexpected-consequences-cougar-human-conflict/

Right, so that study suggests that hunting does not reduce predator problems... I'm not going to bother reading it because there is no mention in that article that suggests that hunting has damaged the quality of the population. Fyi predator populations aren't just managed to protect livestock.

Where's the study that shows north american conservation policy has reduced specimen sizes?

35 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Right, so that study suggests that hunting does not reduce predator problems... I'm not going to bother reading it because there is no mention in that article that suggests that hunting has damaged the quality of the population. Fyi predator populations aren't just managed to protect livestock.

Where's the study that shows north american conservation policy has reduced specimen sizes?

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jwmg.21261

Our simulations show that selective harvesting can alter the evolutionary fate of populations, and can result in declines in trophy size

Edited by Kerny92
  • Thanks 1