The Russians

23 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

It's hard to know what we CAN do, because Putin won't really care about what will actually be token gestures - embassy expulsions, asset freezing, diplomatic protests etc. He does what he likes, when he likes, often causing global chaos as he goes !

We can't really ban travel to and from Russia without seriously effecting legitimate business interests.

UK isn't in a position to act in any kind of military manner, and Russia is a member of UN security council, with a veto vote, so that's that.

And, when all's said and done, Putin has his hand on a large part of our gas supply !!

Why will the death of a washed-up double agent make the smallest difference ?

Russia has annexed Crimea, perpetuates the war in Syria, openly supports hostile regimes in Iran and North Korea, interferes in foreign elections (allegedly) and is a force for global destabilisation..........and we (the West)  have all stood by and done precisely nothing !!

Any ideas, anyone ?

I think we have it cracked, no need to panic the Russians will be petrified after what I just saw on the news, some wet lettuce British mp saying he wants to freeze putins personal musicians bank account as he has more money than a chelo player should have, bet any Russian spies still hiding in Britain will all be sleeping soundly now, and Before we all say it's just the Russians look at Dr Kelly he only said Blair was lying about sadams weapons and was found hanging from a tree, if you play with fire you will burn your fingers eventually 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair play to them, we should have done the same to Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness. In fact Abu Hamza would have looked tidy wasting away from radiation sickness......I’d have had a poster of i

Just keep an eye open for what May and Barnier are slipping in the back door while we have this plastered all over the porch  

May's threat of sanctions must have worked as it would appear that Russia's President Putin has now revealed the name of the agent who poisoned the ex spy, as he was clearly heard to say "Yukanol Fuko

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

According to British Gas 35% of our gas supply comes from Russia, via European pipelines.

Yeah, I think that's a bit missleading though. Check out ONS stats here https://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-energy-how-much-what-type-and-where-from/

It's been UK energy policy to avoid dependence on Russian gas for at least the past 10 years I think. Something our idealist neighbours across the sea don't seem to be in agreement with.

42 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

It's hard to know what we CAN do, because Putin won't really care about what will actually be token gestures - embassy expulsions, asset freezing, diplomatic protests etc. He does what he likes, when he likes, often causing global chaos as he goes !

We can't really ban travel to and from Russia without seriously effecting legitimate business interests.

UK isn't in a position to act in any kind of military manner, and Russia is a member of UN security council, with a veto vote, so that's that.

And, when all's said and done, Putin has his hand on a large part of our gas supply !!

Why will the death of a washed-up double agent make the smallest difference ?

Russia has annexed Crimea, perpetuates the war in Syria, openly supports hostile regimes in Iran and North Korea, interferes in foreign elections (allegedly) and is a force for global destabilisation..........and we (the West)  have all stood by and done precisely nothing !!

Any ideas, anyone ?

Western countries stick their noses in what Russia considers it's backyard  (the former Soviet Union), so Russia tries to subvert Western countries interests. Maybe without one, there would not be he other?

14 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah, I think that's a bit missleading though. Check out ONS stats here https://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-energy-how-much-what-type-and-where-from/

It's been UK energy policy to avoid dependence on Russian gas for at least the past 10 years I think. Something our idealist neighbours across the sea don't seem to be in agreement with.

I checked again, and I stand corrected.............I had misunderstood the figures I looked at.

44% of our gas comes through European pipelines. Russia exports 35% of its gas production via European pipelines, though (obviously) not all of that comes to us.

Glad that's cleared up. :thumbs:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blackbriar said:

I checked again, and I stand corrected.............I had misunderstood the figures I looked at.

44% of our gas comes through European pipelines. Russia exports 35% of its gas production via European pipelines, though (obviously) not all of that comes to us.

Glad that's cleared up. :thumbs:

Aye, it's a bit oversimplified I thought. Preferred the ONS one.

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Which raises the question, on a more serious note, what is a reasonable response? It wouldn't be such a concern if they were offing their traitors with a shiv down a jitty but they're pissing about with some pretty serious rad's here.

I’d say the most serious question is where are they picking up radioactive material in the UK or how are they managing to move it through borders.

If they can lay hands to it or move it then anyone can.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

I’d say the most serious question is where are they picking up radioactive material in the UK or how are they managing to move it through borders.

It's only a matter of time before a terrorist atrocity involving nuclear material happens. There's a lot of radioactive 'stuff' which has gone missing from many sources. Eventually some of it will turn up and the consequences will be catastrophic. (My cheerful thought for the day folks.):thumbs:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

It's only a matter of time before a terrorist atrocity involving nuclear material happens. There's a lot of radioactive 'stuff' which has gone missing from many sources. Eventually some of it will turn up and the consequences will be catastrophic. (My cheerful thought for the day folks.):thumbs:

Yeah, thanks for that mate :laugh:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, WILF said:

The stuff they use is difficult to detect because it's predominantly an alpha emitter. You could import it easily I'd have thought.

Alpha radiation (Helium nuclei) have a very short penetration depth, unlike gamma for instance and so can't be detected (or for that matter dangerous) over a few centimetres (less with solid matter, a sheet of paper etc). But it's f***ing lethal if ingested as your internal organs are total exposed to it!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Mate, entire warheads have gone unaccounted for over the 60s 70s 80s 90s! f***ing mad eh! :laugh:

29 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The stuff they use is difficult to detect because it's predominantly an alpha emitter. You could import it easily I'd have thought.

Alpha radiation (Helium nuclei) have a very short penetration depth, unlike gamma for instance and so can't be detected (or for that matter dangerous) over a few centimetres (less with solid matter, a sheet of paper etc). But it's f***ing lethal if ingested as your internal organs are total exposed to it!

Pfff socks puts that in his tea instead of sugar.

• Haha 1

Boris the buffoon should not be foreign secretary he's a bumbling idiot as is most of these c**ts who occupy Westminster.

I agree boycotting the world cup or expelling a few diplomats will do f**k all only make us look weak. 

Those fukn Russians only respect blunt force. 

If I was a decision maker I would send someone into that shit hole and get them to off that  blind old c**t Blake! Tit  for tat. 

• Like 1

Biggest threat to the world are the Americans, Russia are wise to them..... America sending in people to destabilise countries, tried it with the Russians and got handed their arse lol, now the world must listen as Russia are the new threat apparently, watched some shite on discovery saying that putin  put elbow head in the Whitehouse. 

• Like 1