• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think theres just a massive markup on them Phil... the better you get on with them the better the deals! iv had stuff from the local shop loads cheaper than I could find online 

Ohhhhh, might be a bit of a problem there then. Perhaps a s/h Vantage AO which you should get in your budget, if you can't find one, let me know as I have a nice one with decent glass that I could do

Exactly, scopes get very personal, reticle, magnification, objective and tube size, IR or not, side/front focus/parallax, etc., etc., and everyones shooting situation, experience and needs are differe

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

What ever suits you bud

what may be good for one may not for you

best thing to do is go to the rfd and have a look at some

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Exactly, scopes get very personal, reticle, magnification, objective and tube size, IR or not, side/front focus/parallax, etc., etc., and everyones shooting situation, experience and needs are different.

Look through as many as you can....outside the RFD's door...and see what you favour for your requirements!

ATB!

• Like 2

Your sizes look a little off there Raptar.

....... The first 2 numbers are the magnification range on the scope and, the last number will be the size of the objective end in mm.

I use 3-12x50 and 3-12x44 and 3-12x40.

..... Most of my shooting is done at x10. It's just what I've got used to and, I've become comfortable judging ranges at.

I have the 3-12x50 on my main hunting rifle because it seems to work best with my NV add on.

For walking around during the day, I like the smaller, lighter scopes.

But, as already said, a lit of is down to personal preference.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Your sizes look a little off there Raptar.

....... The first 2 numbers are the magnification range on the scope and, the last number will be the size of the objective end in mm.

I use 3-12x50 and 3-12x44 and 3-12x40.

..... Most of my shooting is done at x10. It's just what I've got used to and, I've become comfortable judging ranges at.

I have the 3-12x50 on my main hunting rifle because it seems to work best with my NV add on.

For walking around during the day, I like the smaller, lighter scopes.

But, as already said, a lit of is down to personal preference.

lol x14 did not see that, thx all

good advice above raptar..... it all boils down to what suits the shooter!

I like side focus... its easier to use and i dont shoot above x10, had lots of scopes but all I use now are Hawke's!

when you decide what you like and if your buying from a shop and not online tell them to price match!

theres a big mark-up on scopes and if your gonna shell out on an expensive one they can afford to knock a decent bit off!

I am in the process of moving away from MTC and back to Hawke, the first one being the Airmax 3-9 x 50 which is a cracking scope and very crisp image. Hawke don't seem to 'white out' anywhere near as much as MTC but I do still like my Mamba Lite. I will check out the new version before I buy any more though.

Even on my Impact fac I only use a Mamba Lite 3-12x44 which is strong enough so a 4-16x50 is in my mind more than enough for any air rifle situation.

Phil

14 minutes ago, villaman said:

well go for a fixed scope and repallax it to suited your range If you don't want to any faffing around , although i leave my scope on 8X and at about 40 yards 

these are the ones iv got coming for the hw97s blue laminate Mitch

https://uk.hawkeoptics.com/airmax-30-sf-3-12x50-amx-ir.html

Its been a long time since i treated my self to a good bit of glass

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2