Pre ban mountain \ white hare

ran lots of blue hares pre ban, in the70s and 80s,with different types of lurchers on vast and hard terrain,to be honest they are a not in the same league as a good strong winter brown hare, the white hare is a lot smaller, a lighter hare in weight  for dogs to carry,nowhere near stamina as the brown hare,and when really pushed hard by a lurcher would often hit the ground like a rabbit on amountain side,but saying this I have seen some wonderful courses on them going on for maybe 5 mins,the dog and hare, ,running in slow motion mode , used to be my early sunday morning ritual running the wonderful white mountain hare, with my deerhoundx greys,sadly where there used to be loads, you can walk miles now and hardly see one, they made awonderful sight springing up and running on the heather moors in full winter colour, great days and great memories.

• Like 5

I used to enjoy running them tbh and they were good to get dogs fit on then for running brown hares I also found them better eating than the brown hare I honestly think its the environment that they habituate that's more of a test to some dogs than the hare itself as I have seen some fast type lurchers come to greif wile running them in the past.

• Like 1