When I was a lad I,was taught several ways to deal with them.

vaseline smeared over the body, dab them with a lit cigarette, smear the body with a cotton bud soaked in meths, all worked very very well, but not so sure how it would affect the (ferret) in my instance.

I was told never ever squeeze and pull them off as it left the mouth parts in, and the squeeze made nasty stuff inject into the host and that's what caused 99% of the infection.

• Like 1

There's more sheep than people here, we have problems all year round with them. If they're up to date with spot on, the ticks need to feed to get the chemicals in their blood stream, they should then die and fall off in a few days.

The Tom o tick you can get for a few quid from vets etc and work a treat, even the wife got one outa the crack of my arse, hardly felt a thing! 

Tick life cycle is in three stages too, the nymph are tiny and hard to see on animals, it's only the adults that swell with blood and are obvious. 

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Gav said:

There's more sheep than people here, we have problems all year round with them. If they're up to date with spot on, the ticks need to feed to get the chemicals in their blood stream, they should then die and fall off in a few days.

The Tom o tick you can get for a few quid from vets etc and work a treat, even the wife got one outa the crack of my arse, hardly felt a thing! 

Tick life cycle is in three stages too, the nymph are tiny and hard to see on animals, it's only the adults that swell with blood and are obvious. 

Your wife took one  out of  the crack of your ass....aaaahhhhhj

• Confused 1
32 minutes ago, VOON said:

Your wife took one  out of  the crack of your ass....aaaahhhhhj

Needs must, and I couldn't see it, good job I have a good wife! She's a keeper, would do the same for her huh ?