Hunting days USA

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My friend and I took this lady out hunting on one of my permissions back in February. We dug her JRT on a five foot dig to a coon. He did really well for only his second time out working. Bolted the c

My dog Lucas and I after a five foot dig. He worked two big boar coons in this sett for a little over an hour. It was a good dig through many tree roots, some thicker than my arm. I think that this wa

My buddy who got me into the dogs

Posted Images

5 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Do any of you lads in the U.S dig fox? I see lots of digging photo's but very seldom see fox on the end of it. Must be plenty of fox's over there.

This is the first year in 4 years I’ve seen a fox and it was in town. Coyotes have really pushed them out of the area. I talked to a couple guys this week that know the areas of a few but I really don’t know if I want to hunt them with their population being so low the past couple years. 

• Like 2

We had a pair of gray foxes that lived under an old shed by my parents probably 8-10 years ago. They had a few kits. All of them got rabies/distemper and were killed because of that but that was a year that predator numbers were incredibly high. The rabbit population was shit witching a 45 mile radius of where I live. Coyotes got hunted pretty heavy that year so I’d assume we are close to the up swing on this current cycle. Guys have been huntin coyotes real hard so it’ll be interesting to see if the fox can rebound. 

• Like 1

I work drifts and root  washes the majority of he time they pull the vermin out to me but I do dig sometimes. 

How did the men before the invention of the locating collar work and dig their dogs?? 

Common sense goes a long way..

• Like 1
On 16/04/2018 at 00:18, Jambalaya said:

I work drifts and root  washes the majority of he time they pull the vermin out to me but I do dig sometimes. 

How did the men before the invention of the locating collar work and dig their dogs?? 

Common sense goes a long way..

Doubled up some of the time,in deep places where it was luck if they could hear the dogs or with nervousness when they weren't totaly sure if they knew what they were doing during their time of learning the ropes.But these days we have electronic locators that can find at 60 meters deep and to have one on a dog when you need it is common sense,being a careless fool is having it at your disposal and ignoring it.....

• Like 3
8 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I'e been to states several times and never seen any locator type unit being used or for sale at any of the huge hunting stores .Hound trackers ,GPS but no terrier locators .

They’re tough to find. I’ve heard Johnson telemetry sells a few, otherwise the guys I know that use them got them from over there and got killed with shipping. 

Debens you can get over here however?