Out with the 99s

Too much work to do at home today meant I missed my window to go on my favourite rabbit perm tonight so I opted for a quick walk on the golf club at 5 o'clock........unfortunately so did loads of f#*@ing golfers!!!! Seriously......hitting balls in such s*#t light they couldn't even see where they landed!!!

After biting my tongue and saying hello through gritted teeth and fists clenched in pockets I made off in another direction. Hardware of choice tonight was the 99s that Si Brown leant me to try out. 

After the faffing with the golfers i was losing light fast so opted for sitting opposite a known Warren in the hopes that I may get a little rabbit action. I sat there for no more than 5 minutes when one came gamboling towards the Warren from another direction. I knew the Warren was 36 yards so this one was no more than 38. 

With a little holdover the 99 sent an AA field slap bang to the head and over he went.

That was the one and only for tonight but this little rifle that Si has seen to is VERY capable of more I can tell you. It's only got a cheap 3-9×40 on it and it sends pellets exactly where you want them.

I will try to get out again early this week and give it a proper whirl??

20180225_191402-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.098a2549fc91a7bb76245a66368e94da.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, si brown said:

nice one matt:thumbs: bloody ages since ive bagged a rabbit... dont think ive shot one this year!!

that 57 I was messing with today has a x4 set no parallax scope on it... what a pile of pap!!

no good for my eyes I need dots too:laugh:

atb si

I bet it's not as sweet as this 99 pal. For less than £200 brand new and a wee bit of tlc it's as good as any Springer I've ever used.?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mattwhite said:

I bet it's not as sweet as this 99 pal. For less than £200 brand new and a wee bit of tlc it's as good as any Springer I've ever used.?

I dropped and bent more pellets feckin about with that 57 than I shot.. what a pain the loading thing is!

• Like 1