YouTube,taking shooting videos off

34 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

From what I've managed to glean, 'activists' are flagging individual videos and channels, and also contacting advertisers to complain about the content of the videos their ads appear in. Once the complaints reach a certain level, YouTube issues a 'strike' - 3 strikes and you're out ! Advertisers, concerned about their income, pull their ads.

Do you think this is in connection with the Florida shooting BB? Or is it something that's been gaining traction but is now being reported?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go f**k yourself you pretentious twat BASC , the ca and shooting in general didn’t give a toss for the 100 thousand lurcher men when the ban came so run that all in together bollocks down the roa

Definitely bullied at school.....     

i will not post pics of my missus

Posted Images

Kids hitting the thumbs down buttons on Youtube, due to the Florida shootings, all gun clubs and rifle ranges will be under scrutiny, it never ends,  whether it's some wanker with an air gun shooting cats, or some wanker shooting people out of his taxi window on a cruise round town, it just stirs up more opposition to shooting, and who could blame non shooters for feeling safer if guns were banned.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Do you think this is in connection with the Florida shooting BB? Or is it something that's been gaining traction but is now being reported?

Short answer...........I don't know !

I can't see how anyone can equate airguns with AR15s, but any half decent 'activist' would never let the truth get in the way a good campaign !

Common sense says it's been going on for a while, but only recently reached critical mass. I'm AM sure that we will see it creeping insidiously onto other platforms and outlets.

My wife is a big FB fan and she recently showed me a post, put up by someone she knows. It showed a black and white picture of a teacher and her class of small children. It described them as the "Roses of Dunblane" and went on to say that 16 children and their teacher were killed in a mass shooting at their school. So far, so good, no dispute.......

However, I took exception, when it went on to say that handguns were immediately banned and their have been no UK school shooting since, as a result.I

got it to a heated debate with several strangers when I pointed out that -

A. The photo showed 22 children, and was probably not contemporaneous, as it was in black and white and the style of dress looked distinctly '70s.

B. There were no school shootings BEFORE handguns were 'banned', so it's a bit misleading to imply otherwise.

C. The shootings in America nearly always involve automatic or semi-automatic weapons rifles, not handguns.

D. How can you possibly know what might or might not have happened, if the law HADN'T been changed ?

I was abused and  called a murderer (!) simply for putting my case calmly and clearly, and for having the temerity to confront bigoted propaganda, which is based on emotional, knee jerk reactions  - I'm sure it's not as bad over there, but in UK I think we're really up against it !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Short answer...........I don't know !

I can't see how anyone can equate airguns with AR15s, but any half decent 'activist' would never let the truth get in the way a good campaign !

Common sense says it's been going on for a while, but only recently reached critical mass. I'm AM sure that we will see it creeping insidiously onto other platforms and outlets.

My wife is a big FB fan and she recently showed me a post, put up by someone she knows. It showed a black and white picture of a teacher and her class of small children. It described them as the "Roses of Dunblane" and went on to say that 16 children and their teacher were killed in a mass shooting at their school. So far, so good, no dispute.......

However, I took exception, when it went on to say that handguns were immediately banned and their have been no UK school shooting since, as a result.I

got it to a heated debate with several strangers when I pointed out that -

A. The photo showed 22 children, and was probably not contemporaneous, as it was in black and white and the style of dress looked distinctly '70s.

B. There were no school shootings BEFORE handguns were 'banned', so it's a bit misleading to imply otherwise.

C. The shootings in America nearly always involve automatic or semi-automatic weapons rifles, not handguns.

D. How can you possibly know what might or might not have happened, if the law HADN'T been changed ?

I was abused and  called a murderer (!) simply for putting my case calmly and clearly, and for having the temerity to confront bigoted propaganda, which is based on emotional, knee jerk reactions  - I'm sure it's not as bad over there, but in UK I think we're really up against it !

Fair comments BB! :thumbs:

To the uneducated, there's no difference in the tools only the bloodlust of those that would dare operate them. You've highlighted another part of this that we've only briefly touched upon on THL - The Meme. As a visual species they're incredibly successful in bullet pointing (f*ck it, pun intended) information that even the laziest, and attention deficient, YouTube linker can absorb. Maybe something our tech-savvy youngsters can get to work on?

Propaganda is always something we'll have to counter and I agree the difference in the UK is that no firearms have popular support which is probably why it's such a soft target.

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

Unfortunately the British version of the NRA is pretty toothless and doesn't cast a giant shadow like the U.S NRA. 

Agreed and once again that's a fundamental difference in the two nations. Sad but true.

On 25/02/2018 at 17:48, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Go f**k yourself you pretentious twat

BASC , the ca and shooting in general didn’t give a toss for the 100 thousand lurcher men when the ban came so run that all in together bollocks down the road 

if you can’t laugh at yourself , who can you laugh at ? 

And in the average air gun magazine , there’s plenty to laugh at!!! 

Well said, they don' give a damn when they'e classing us all as poachers or threatening to shoot dogs ... f**k the toy gun brigade

• Like 1

I agree MAC is pretty good. Iraq Veteran 8888 and Hickok45 I watch from time to time as well as they have some decent videos. Not sure whether they're affected as they still seem to be up and running but MAC makes a valid point about censorship. I'm hoping that the NRA combined with their support base will bring in a rival platform so these lads can crack on.

4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I agree MAC is pretty good. Iraq Veteran 8888 and Hickok45 I watch from time to time as well as they have some decent videos. Not sure whether they're affected as they still seem to be up and running but MAC makes a valid point about censorship. I'm hoping that the NRA combined with their support base will bring in a rival platform so these lads can crack on.

Yeah those two are alright too, entertaining I'd say. I thought that MAC distinguished itself with a level of professionalism not seen on the others.

2 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

he was good to watch and explain whats going on

he next battle will be  with facefook and instagram

I don't think they'll be down too long but when you look at the quality of the channels on some it's about time another platform was available. I wonder if Vimeo would be so bold with their user base? :hmm:

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Yeah those two are alright too, entertaining I'd say. I thought that MAC distinguished itself with a level of professionalism not seen on the others.

Agreed the other two are more of an amateur production but they're still more informative than anything Fox has put out in the last few years!