Minced chicken

1 hour ago, poxon said:

I’d do your homework properly on raw feeding before you change over just minced chicken with a few veggies don’t really off to much as a stable diet 

Yes that’s my worry,I suppose mixing in a good quality biscuit would solve that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its taken me years to perfect my obnoxious twat facade,im not letting my standards slip now.

I’d do your homework properly on raw feeding before you change over just minced chicken with a few veggies don’t really off to much as a stable diet 

I use minced raw chicken carcasses in 1lb bags from local place,change it some days to chopped heart/tripe/lamb . Squirt of Salmon oil (square of lard winter months),bit veg now and again.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Str said:

I’ve terrier pup with a skin allergy of some type,I’ve been doing quite abit of searching on net etc and many are saying with a more natural diet the skin allergies have gone,biscuit would be more convenient but it would probably give me the same problems as the complete meal.

Try this stuff if your wanting to keep it on biscuits good quality stuff and the dogs donto shite alot on it Screenshot_20180210-180320.thumb.png.2b2f2dfaa8411f581441968a90f1ceec.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Str said:

Yes that’s my worry,I suppose mixing in a good quality biscuit would solve that.

Not really mate if you want to feed raw I’d look in to it properly there’s a bit more to it than just feeding a bit of mince chicken I’d suggest looking on to a few fb raw feeding groups till you get the swing of things I use this chart as a guide line but not gosp9CD5D037-B178-4B39-BB92-1CCFE733DDBC.thumb.png.bb43fc1c225b419db514a3ecfb3fda27.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think that link to the site is expensive for there mince , i buy boxes of chicken backs  , put the amount i want in poly bags and freeze them then feed them whole to the ferrets and lurchers but if i want mince i can put them threw the hobart 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Why don't you want to put biscuits through it ?

My mate works at  large dog, stock feed manufacturers and I would never feed biscuit to my dogs, all top foods are made at this place and you would never feed your dogs on it if you saw what goes into it, the only protein that goes into all kibble is oils no meat at all. And the odd cat, rat that gets stuck in machines over night. 

Edited by Jerry71

The problem with chicken mince can be the quality, is it minced chicken or minced carcass to totally different products, I used to buy minced carcass from a chap it was OK but got a contact to take bruised whole chicken 100% better feed mixed with 20% biscuit dogs have never been in such great condition and kept weight on even when worked 3 to 4 days a week over winter.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, tsteve9999 said:

Personally I wouldn't feed mine just one meat, I'd be worrying they were missing out on something. Mine get minced beef, tripe, chicken and lamb and seem to do well on it

raw mince chicken plus   dry meal meal  , mine do well on it, the dry meal will have better balanced  diet  than just meat. just watch dogs eating fresh grass  , apart from it tastes nice , dogs know it does them good , mine do it all the while ,. get my raw mince chicken from   T P M S   same as what ken says ,= 100   lb bags    £ 52 quid  , plus i can get big beef bones from them as well  , you pay for them but i dont mind  as carnt always get bones of my local butchers   .  plus the amount of meat you feed, depends i think how much work you give your dogs ,  both my dogs will put weight on, if dont cut  meat back   , so the cost not  to bad , as don't work my dogs that much now, but sombody who works there dogs regular  , it would prob work out more money giving more meat .:yes:

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:39, Phil Lloyd said:

:hmm: The blocks of chicken mince are cheap and cheerful,.. most lurchers seem to thrive on it.

Personally, I prefer to feed the dogs on the whole raw carcasses. 

Chicken bone is soft and doesn't offer much in the way of knawing exercise for a dog, but I feel eating, them gives the jukel a wee bit of entertainment.:thumbs:

When feeding raw chicken carcass, get bones for calcium, marrowbone, fat, bit of flesh, can't beat it! I also get chicken pulls, and the leftover lamb rib & backbones bones, 2 meals for a £1, lamb hearts, chicken necks, turkey necks and  mince mixed with veg . Would only feed raw now, think it works out cheaper and better value  than processed food 

Photo-0434.jpg

Photo3327.jpg

• Like 2