Minced chicken

I am thinking of putting my dogs on mince chicken £1.50 for 5lbs block,I don’t want to mix kibble or biscuits with it the plan is to use veg,anyone else on chicken mince & veg if so what ratio do you mix? & what veg? I’ve used this chicken in the past mixed with there regular meal,I used to boil the mince for 5 mins so it was just cooked but I see most feed it raw.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its taken me years to perfect my obnoxious twat facade,im not letting my standards slip now.

I’d do your homework properly on raw feeding before you change over just minced chicken with a few veggies don’t really off to much as a stable diet 

I use minced raw chicken carcasses in 1lb bags from local place,change it some days to chopped heart/tripe/lamb . Squirt of Salmon oil (square of lard winter months),bit veg now and again.

Posted Images

:hmm: The blocks of chicken mince are cheap and cheerful,.. most lurchers seem to thrive on it.

Personally, I prefer to feed the dogs on the whole raw carcasses. 

Chicken bone is soft and doesn't offer much in the way of knawing exercise for a dog, but I feel eating, them gives the jukel a wee bit of entertainment.:thumbs:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Why don't you want to put biscuits through it ?

I’ve terrier pup with a skin allergy of some type,I’ve been doing quite abit of searching on net etc and many are saying with a more natural diet the skin allergies have gone,biscuit would be more convenient but it would probably give me the same problems as the complete meal.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Bought few types a cheap chicken in them big blocks an some times it starts going all slimey an not very nice, so now I just pay bit extra an feed better chicken an never minced, dogs can mince there own 

I know what you mean about shite chicken as me and few others used to buy it in bulk from Oldham, dogs liked it but it was poor quality, the chicken I could buy now locally is very good quality it’s not smelling slimy stuff,they also sell carcass think they were £1.20 each.