Land permission in Peterborough UK

Hey guys I'm new to the hunting game just looking for places to hunt rabbits or wood pigions , I'm having trouble finding land, and farmers. I'm located near eye , if anyone can point me in the right path or give me any tips would be so greatful

Tucker 

3 hours ago, Acetuck said:

Hey guys I'm new to the hunting game just looking for places to hunt rabbits or wood pigions , I'm having trouble finding land, and farmers. I'm located near eye , if anyone can point me in the right path or give me any tips would be so greatful

Tucker 

Welcome dude, I see you have already encountered the hardest part of shooting... Finding shooting. I've been lucky this year in that I have had the chance to shoot with a fella from the forums at his farm. It's hard going sometimes you have to really get out and knock on doors. remember that it is kind of hard going in places at the moment (I know the land I was allowed to shoot had a struggling head of rabbits at the moment). Could you give us some background as to what sort of shooting you are doing? Are you just into your airgunning? Or have you got a Shotgun Certificate or Firearms Certificate? How much shooting have you done? 

all makes a difference as someone who has shotgun capability will be able to shoot pigeons in a very different way than a person with a PCP air rifle. Feel free to drop me a PM though :) I'm only down the road :thumbs:

Cheers 

Smithy

9 hours ago, Acetuck said:

Tucker 

Welcome mate !

Plenty of potential in your neck of the woods !

Get yourself out and about, knock on doors, stop and chat to farm workers, join a local club, get yourself beating on a shoot etc etc. Never miss an opportunity -  follow everything up, even if it leads nowhere  in the end. Get yourself some business cards (tenner for 100) and some shooting insurance (around 30  quid a year !) and dish them out - even when they don't seem interested ! There's a very true maxim in this game - it's not what you know is, it's who you know ! I think business-types call it "networking"..........

Example............I moved here recently - my nearest permissions are at least 40 minutes away, which is a bit of a pain in the ar5e. As I got home from my air rifle club last Sunday, a guy called across the road, asking if I'd "got much" - he'd seen the gun slip over my shoulder.

I walked over and explained that I'd only been target shooting, game season is over now, just moved here etc etc. We got chatting, and within 15 minutes he'd made a few calls and got me places beating on 2 local shoots within walking distance, and put me in touch with a  warehouse owner, who wants some rats and pigeons evicting !

Be positive, be confident, stick at it and good luck !

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry for late reply!

Yes its just  a 177 pellet air rifle at the moment ,   airgunning at the moment I have had experience when I was  a teenager I have been brought up about the safety and respect of even having an air rifle. I used to do target shooting when I was 17 but only back into it at 26.

I think its more of a trust thing with farmers I did knock on a few doors but the best reply was call back next year! Ha Just finding the right people.

Just going rats, pigeons at the moment!

Edited by Acetuck

It’s a shame you are so far away from me as I don’t mind people tagging along with me as long as they are not mental, just a little tip, try horse stables/livery yards they don’t like rabbits on there land and air rifles are perfect for shooting in the paddocks, good luck in you search ?