Twin piston...

Most may have seen the video from the shooting show but that twin piston recoiless rifle caught my attention (Andys Range). It's only been a matter of time until some one creates a recoiless rifle, bar Diana, but that does actually recoil, the action just slides back however, that rifle shown on there was something else. Side cocking, no recoil, no action movement. Bit of a dogs dinner at the moment visually, but the idea is the seed of something.

(Notice Tony bum'ole Belas has took notice too, being on there stand... bet twenty coins DS is the first company to release it to the masses, maybe under a new name, after some dev has took place. They take some small engineering companies idea and bang the cash into its development)

For those yet to watch it, its basically two pistons, when cocked, go opposite ways, when fired the come together thus counter acting each other, compressing the air in between. 

10 minutes ago, Rez said:

Most may have seen the video from the shooting show but that twin piston recoiless rifle caught my attention (Andys Range). It's only been a matter of time until some one creates a recoiless rifle, bar Diana, but it dowas s recoil, the action just slides but that rifle shown on there was something else. Side cocking, no recoil. Bit of a dogs dinner at the moment, but the idea is the seed of something.

Notice Tony bum'ole Belas has took notice too, being on there stand... bet twenty coins DS is the first company to release it to the masses, maybe under a new name, after some dev has took place. 

For those yet to watch it, its basically two pistons, when cocked, go opposite ways, when fired the come together thus counter acting each other, compressing the air in between. 

Tosser

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Rez said:

Ya ticket come through yet? Bloody hell ya applied for that while I was still swimmin round in me daddiz nuts :)

Still waiting but FAO is coming around on Monday night  after 11 months of waiting  ,just hope everything is ok 

I recall last year at the Northern Shooting Show with Jimmy, Shaun and Ethan, we were looking on the AA stand and they had a recoiless springer on the display stand but I cannot remember what the model was, jimmy might though.

Phil