Banned school hairstyles

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i went to a comp in the 70,s....no uniform,,,,no restictions on dress....lads that were punk dresed in punk gear...lads that were mods dressed like it,,,,ect ect ect..... and you can see from my

Oddly enough something I have personal experience of. its nothing new, schools were doing this 30 years ago. i remember me and my pals all tramping up to the barber on the last day of the su

Good job the kid wasn't wasn't a yank. He would have came in the next day and shot the f***ing place up. 

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:07, WILF said:

A description blokes like me of a certain age recognise mate.

Schools by and large are a million miles in front of what we experienced as kids, young people are better too imho

In my experience, lads like me who were wankers at school stayed wankers.......they did f**k all with their life except fall in and out of work / the pub / drugs and never had a penny to scratch their arse with.

They contributed f**k all to the world.

The kids that just conformed and got on with it seemed to go off and have much happier and productive  lives.

Getting involved with schools opened my eyes and made me a better parent I think.

Wise words WLF. You may not of had great formal education but seem not to have grown up a fool. I would add the lads who never made it out of their teens or twenties by drugs, "joy ridding", jail (gaol, I am educated now), or taking the Queen's shilling., etc. Suicide also.

How important are a person's school days?  Many factors need to be considered. Nature or nurture? Every man, woman and dog are different. It is the job of the fortunate to look out for the unfortunate, and this can take many forms.

Excuse my ramblings, I just liked your post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, The one said:

Okay so the school is responsible for the pupil whilst they are at school but what does there haircut have to do with that ?>

That code will have been in place when the parents applied for a place at that school.....all the rules will probably be on the website, they will have got a copy in the info pack etc etc etc

Don’t like the code, don’t go to that school......simple 

No offense wilf but you were arguing with me other day about the state controling our life's. It's a slippery slope when you accept it.

But you agree with this school rule. Tbh mate it's called style every generation has there own. Also as I said it's not even that bad of a haircut. 

These head teachers act like little dictators at times. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, scothunter said:

No offense wilf but you were arguing with me other day about the state controling our life's. It's a slippery slope when you accept it.

But you agree with this school rule. Tbh mate it's called style every generation has there own. Also as I said it's not even that bad of a haircut. 

These head teachers act like little dictators at times. 

but it`s not just a case of head teachers behaving like dictators, have any of you wondered why kids nowadays are such f***ing dickheads who think they can do what they like, rules of society and decent behaviour are no longer taught by parents, schools try by establishing rules over uniform and appearance, maybe trying to teach them that there are standards they have to stick to when they leave school and enter adult life, this shit started a couple of generations ago and now you have dickheads who think that because they can do what they like with a "f**k you" attitude it`s normal for their kids to do the same, what f***ing next, rules don`t apply so laws don`t either!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, neil82 said:

but it`s not just a case of head teachers behaving like dictators, have any of you wondered why kids nowadays are such f***ing dickheads who think they can do what they like, rules of society and decent behaviour are no longer taught by parents, schools try by establishing rules over uniform and appearance, maybe trying to teach them that there are standards they have to stick to when they leave school and enter adult life, this shit started a couple of generations ago and now you have dickheads who think that because they can do what they like with a "f**k you" attitude it`s normal for their kids to do the same, what f***ing next, rules don`t apply so laws don`t either!

Imo stupid rules don't apply and equally stupid laws don't apply. I do support you on the whole rules thing, the problem is when those rules become excessive and unnecessary. I mean we wouldn't just accept any rules would we? I don't think rules like this teach kids squat other than that authority is sometimes excessive and unfair which is imo hardly teaching them to follow the law.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Imo stupid rules don't apply and equally stupid laws don't apply. I do support you on the whole rules thing, the problem is when those rules become excessive and unnecessary. I mean we wouldn't just accept any rules would we? I don't think rules like this teach kids squat other than that authority is sometimes excessive and unfair which is imo hardly teaching them to follow the law.

With respect BH, I'm pretty sure you'll change your mind when you have kids. Some rules at home may seem lame, like no elbows on the table, don't swear in front of your mother etc. etc. Not to mention the times when "because I said so" is the only answer when they whine about why they have to do or can't do something. But most of us still stuck to them, in my case because I didn't want my head beaten in. :D Of course that doesn't apply to the current generation who are spoon-fed and no-one in authority is allowed to say boo to them.

Some school rules are excessive or unnecessary but does that mean they shouldn't be followed and who decides which rules are ok to follow and which ones can be ignored? What if a kid and/or parents thought having to be at school at 9 was a bit early? Could they just rock up whenever they felt like it? If you can pick or choose which rules you follow, they aren't rules are they? As someone said above, the list of rules would have been available long before the kid started at that school, and if they were not to the parents' liking, they could have chosen another school.

The fact is they aren't "small adults" who need to be consulted on every little matter. They are children and if a school rule insists on a certain haircut, then just go and get it done. Going to the papers about it? Really? 

Its a haircut he's hardly a anarchist. Yes there dickhead kids and there also 80yr old dickheads out there. 

It's just how some individuals are. Yes rules are needed but the schools try and impose rules without realising ita different era what was  imposed in there day doesn't necessarily mean it should be applied today.

Educate them yes but chastise them for a haircut its ridiculous  imo

• Like 1

"Chastise". :laugh: I even said earlier I didn't see anything wrong with the haircut. No it doesn't make him an anarchist, and nor would turning up at school at 10 a.m every day, but my point is which rules are considered ridiculous and which aren't? And who decides which is which?

I agree a haircut is a petty matter, but going to the papers with this "newsworthy" story is pathetic. 

3 hours ago, walshie said:

With respect BH, I'm pretty sure you'll change your mind when you have kids. Some rules at home may seem lame, like no elbows on the table, don't swear in front of your mother etc. etc. Not to mention the times when "because I said so" is the only answer when they whine about why they have to do or can't do something. But most of us still stuck to them, in my case because I didn't want my head beaten in. :D Of course that doesn't apply to the current generation who are spoon-fed and no-one in authority is allowed to say boo to them.

Some school rules are excessive or unnecessary but does that mean they shouldn't be followed and who decides which rules are ok to follow and which ones can be ignored? What if a kid and/or parents thought having to be at school at 9 was a bit early? Could they just rock up whenever they felt like it? If you can pick or choose which rules you follow, they aren't rules are they? As someone said above, the list of rules would have been available long before the kid started at that school, and if they were not to the parents' liking, they could have chosen another school.

The fact is they aren't "small adults" who need to be consulted on every little matter. They are children and if a school rule insists on a certain haircut, then just go and get it done. Going to the papers about it? Really? 

Maybe i will mate but i honestly doubt it. Some rules are there to be broken becuase they are unneccessary. You say all rules should be obeyed because otherwise you're setting a precedence to disobey every rule. Well conversely should a rule that states all boys have to wear skirts be obeyed? There IS such a thing as excessive regulation and that just teaches kids to justifiably rebel against any authority. If the authoruty is always reasonable then a reasonable human being can see the value in it.

I do agree that if the rule existed before enrolment you haven't much to complain about but I don't think it did. They add them as they see fit to adapt to changing trends.

• Like 5

About as pathetic as sending  a letter to the parents.

Maybe highlighting the pettyness of the issue was right. But then we do live in a society where hash tag  this and that and thinking the country needs to know what you had for dinner is the norm 

• Like 1

The point some folk are missing is, life is all about details.

Get small things right and big things fall into place.

A haircut, a blazer, black socks, shoes......it’s all petty little details but it matters because when you get used to keeping yourself squared away you are in the right mindset for doing things and learning things.

Spend enough years in a playground and when you have listened to the same old faces tell you about their kids 8 millionth problem and how it’s not their fault and it’s all so unfair you will know just what I mean........and what’s more, you will know exactly where stories like this come from.

Its not about doffing your cap to “the man”......it’s about personal admin.

I see a world gone to shit with grown ups “expressing themselves”........f**k off with all that and just act normal.

The whole country is going down the tubes because every c**t has “a culture” or “a lifestyle “..........shove it up your arse and get with the programme.

School, like the army, is one of the last bastions we have where there is an expectarion of how to conduct yourself amongst your peers.

Today it’s your hair cut, tomorrow it’s a hoody, the day after that you need special treatment the other 29 kids in your class don’t get so they suffer while you goon about because your are special........no you f***ing ain’t, get yourself together and stop being a minge ! 

• Like 3